PDA

View Full Version : Airhand .vs. Penn State Premium Duct Fittings

Lewis Cobb
12-21-2007, 6:32 PM
I'm digging around to get an idea on prices of spiral pipe and associated fittings for my future DC system.

Has anyone got any comments on the Penn state Premium line of fittings versus the ones from Airhand ? The prices are quite a bit different and I am wondering what I am missing here - maybe the gauge is different.

here's an example - 6x6x6 Wye from Penn State is 50 bucks, from Airhand it's 83. The penn state gauge is 24 but doesn't say on the airhand site.

And one other thing - is it a reasonable assumption to assume that spiral pipe from one mfg will fit the fittings of another one in the same size spec (6" for me) ?

Thanks !
Lewis

Shawn Walker
12-21-2007, 6:41 PM
As long as you are looking, you should check out the Onieda Air Website.
Cheers Shawn.

Mike Heidrick
12-21-2007, 7:59 PM
Is that price from Airhand for their NordFab? 83 will buy nordfab wye at oneida-air.

Rob Will
12-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I asked some friends in the HVAC business about who sells spiral pipe around here. As it turns out, there is a supply house in the next city that carries everything needed for a DC setup. HVAC folks are using more spiral pipe than I realized.

Rob

Jim Becker
12-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Rob, many, many commercial jobs use spiral including in exposed situations. I suspect there are sources in almost any reasonable sized urban area and since you can pick up, you avoid the shipping.