PDA

View Full Version : Nyquill is wonderful - just stay away from the power tools.

Mitchell Andrus
12-21-2007, 2:42 PM
Must be the color. Active ingredient: Dye.

Mixes well with sawdust.

Oooops, the keybaord is trying to float away again.

Stan Welborn
12-21-2007, 3:13 PM
the night-time, sniffly, sneezy, coughy, stuffy, achy head, fever, what am I doing on the kitchen floor, medicine

Gary Herrmann
12-21-2007, 3:30 PM
Is it still something like 50% alcohol?

Mitchell Andrus
12-21-2007, 3:34 PM
I certainly hope so. I'd hate to think I can get so loopy without major help.

Fred Voorhees
12-21-2007, 4:15 PM
I'll say this..........the stuff works. A very many times I have taken that before bed and rose the next morning feelin' pretty darned good. But yeah, I wouldn't attempt any machines in the shop whilest under its influences.:eek:

Mike Marcade
12-21-2007, 4:19 PM
In my case, the first couple of nights with a cold, the Nyquil works great. After that though, I guess my body figures out its being messed with and I start not sleeping so well and having weird dreams. Weird huh?

Chris Padilla
12-21-2007, 4:54 PM
Want a refreshing trip for your mouth/throat to go through? Take a swig of DAY-quill...holy cow!!

Mike Cutler
12-21-2007, 5:21 PM
If we start tailking about straining Sterno, and I'm going to get really worried.:eek:

Mitchell. Hope you start feeling better bro'. Lousy time of the year to be sick.

Mitchell Andrus
12-21-2007, 7:13 PM
Stayed in the den Thursday and today watching the worst daytime TV of my LIFE!!!! (Slept mostly - too dizzy to stand up).

Feeling much better, but I lost 2 shopping days. Drats!

Jim Becker
12-21-2007, 7:22 PM
'Last time I felt like that I ended up doing something I pretty much NEVER do...watch TV. Several episodes of "Pimp my Ride", believe it or not. :eek: Yea, I was that sick... :rolleyes: :o

mark page
12-21-2007, 8:56 PM
Last time I was off sick was also a school snow day. I don't know why the couch is always more comfortable than the bed. I guess all the boring tv puts you to sleep faster. But with Hanna Montana sp? and modern day cartoons, yech, I felt worse yet. What ever happened to Bug's, the Roadrunner, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry, the Pink Panther, Mr Jinxy the cat, etc? Oh, I forgot, the Roadrunner went commercial for Time-Warner products and just does the "strike a pose" thing now...It definately did not take me long to recuperate and go back to work!!! The tv that todays kids get into will cure me fast of being "down on the couch". Even faster than my fathers home remedy for a cough & sore throat when I was a kid...butter, sugar, and alum...all lumped in a ball on the back of your tongue to melt down your throat. If I coughed and seen him head to the kitchen cabinet, cough was miraculously healed and gone.:(

Rich Engelhardt
12-23-2007, 6:58 AM
Hello,

I start not sleeping so well and having weird dreams. Weird huh?
Slap on a full strength nicoderm patch before bedtime..
Talk about weird dreams:eek:

Anyhow - I had to hit the nighttime stuff myself last evening.
My problem with it is the "loggy" feeling the next day.

On the advice of my late friend Alex (he was from Croatia), there's two things that work better than Nyquil.
- Slivowitz - heat about four ounces to "just hot enough to hold in your mouth" and toss it all down.
- Lambrusco - heat about 8 ounces to "just hot enough to hold in your mouth", stir some small pieces of oranges &/or other fresh fruit into it - then consume the whole thing.

2nd remedy works.
4oz of Slivowitz in one gulp would/could kill a T-Rex...trust me on this..
I think "Slivowitz" is Polish for gasoline ;)

Mitchell Andrus
12-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Funny... You just reminded me of a hot vodka drink my dad used to make for Christmas dinner. Nobody liked it and grandma's gone, so he doesn't make it any more.

A half cup of sugar and a cup of water heated to a syrup. Pour in plenty of vodka and some finely chopped, well rendered bacon.

Serve hot - You can shovel snow all night without a coat.

Rich Stewart
12-25-2007, 5:13 PM
Yeah, Nyquil is great IF you are sick. If you try to take it as a sleeping medicine you will most likely have a miserable night... Twitching and feeling nervous.

Matt Meiser
12-25-2007, 6:19 PM
I'm just glad to learn that I'm not the only one who turns into a mess taking that stuff! Nothing like lying awake at 3 in the morning after WIERD dreams with the shakes! Sure I can breathe, but not sure which is worse!

Billy Chambless
12-25-2007, 7:05 PM
A half cup of sugar and a cup of water heated to a syrup. Pour in plenty of vodka and some finely chopped, well rendered bacon.

That's so wrong that it's right.

Glenn Clabo
12-26-2007, 7:20 AM
Serve hot - You can shovel snow all night without a coat.

I would think that you could just stand in the driveway and all the snow would melt.:eek::D

Ed Breen
12-28-2007, 3:21 PM
Ah yes, I remember back in the fifties we had "HAD-A-COLD" about 80 proof. Many of my teetotaler friends regularly used it for coughs etc. Als remember a tonic called "EMU." which a friendly bush pilot used to get for us so as not to offend the mission folks.
WOOWEE!!!
Ed:p

Dale Johnson
12-28-2007, 4:42 PM
really want some wierd dreams? take a vicodine and a couple hours later forget you took it and have about 3 fingers of johnny walker black. yikes.