PDA

View Full Version : vector disneyland castle logo

David James
12-21-2007, 1:20 PM
I am looking for a vector disneyland castle logo for my daughter. Anybody care to share? Thank you!

Pete Simmons
12-21-2007, 2:23 PM
Avoid using anything Disney. Even for your own house.

They are VERY protective of their art work!

The last engraver who sold some unlicsened art work was last seen entering "it's a small world" and has never been seen or heard from again.

Nancy Laird
12-21-2007, 2:24 PM
David, most of the Disney images are heavily copyrighted and you probably aren't going to be able to find them here. They even get mad if they hear about someone painting Mickey Mouse on a kid's bedroom wall! They have an army of lawyers who do nothing but copyright-infringement suits for things just like this.

Nancy

Doug Griffith
12-21-2007, 6:42 PM
I've worked with hundreds of artists over the years and if the copyright image you wish to use is retranslated as an original piece of art for your own personal use and not claimed as your own or used for profit or exhibition then you have nothing to worry about. At most, you'll get a cease and desist if it's worth their time. Parody is also legal albeit open to interpretation. Just google "Ron English". Education is another option if you're using it for such.

Note that the 10%+- change myth is too subjective and doesn't grant fair use.

Just think about all the kids who draw Mickey Mouse, band logos etc... on their Pee Chee folders. Is this illegal? It's for their own personal use.

Cheers

James Jaragosky
12-21-2007, 7:35 PM
The mouse is evil.
It is not about if they have the right to sue you.
It's about having all the money to sue you, even if they know they are in the wrong.
It's about intimidation through lawyers.
It's about abusing the system to get things just the way they want. They have got all the money they need to crush you, even if you are within the Parameters of the law. ( how many $200 an hour lawyers can you afford, to defend your moral high ground?)
Don't screw with the mouse. the mouse is evil.

Bruce Volden
12-21-2007, 8:20 PM
I had a company that I engraved for (small time mom & pop) who bought their products from Vietnam. Some of these included intarsia peices with Mickey or Minnie. I engraved last names on them as they were door welcome signs. I did engrave several dozen or more while looking over my shoulder. Now, I did not make the pieces but I did make the sale, so I 'spose I was guilty? of something?? I just don't understand how a foreign country can "get away with" this type of thing and a US citizen gets taken to the cleaners :confused: Something is not right here. That being said, I agree 100% with what jAMES said in his post.

Bruce

Anthony Scira
12-21-2007, 8:23 PM
I am a Disney fan. Been a passholder for many years and go a couple times a month. And the mouse is not evil unless you try to use the logo's associated with said mouse.

But a company has to protect its property. And I think as long as you do your own artwork for your own use I think your OK. I would not want to post such a file on this forum though.

Doug Griffith
12-21-2007, 8:42 PM
re: "The Mouse Is Evil"

I've had the pleasure of Apple's lawyers coming down on me for a company name I had - Appleskinz. They told me (verbally) I couldn't even use anything with any other fruit in it. This would cause customer confusion!!! I did what I could but in the end it was all about deep pockets and all I had on was socks.

Unless your turning a profit, they'll tell you to knock it off before anything else.

Cheers

Micheal Donnellan
12-21-2007, 9:29 PM
The mouse is Evil! and has a army of the evil undead who work for him

Kim Haubert
12-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I knew a guy who had a Daffy Duck tatoo with Daffy doing an obscene act. They did not give him a hard time.

Anthony Scira
12-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Thats Warner Brothers :D

AL Ursich
12-21-2007, 11:39 PM
In the beginning.... Was watching the History Channel the other day and it was the history of Disney. They mentioned when Walt was buying the Orlando Property for $100.00 per chunk in secret under a few company names. Once the word was out the property went to $1000.00 per chunk but Walt had all he needed. The Buyers went to a few airports on the way home to Walt to throw off the curious.....

AL

Now they most likely have the phrase "Who's Mickey Mouse Idea is this?" Copyrighted.... :)

Mike Null
12-21-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't see the evil in protecting company property especially when not doing so would cost many millions.

On the other hand if I wanted to make a Mickey Mouse something or other for my granddaughter I would do it.

Bill Cunningham
12-23-2007, 9:41 PM
I have a old 8mm film of one of the early mickey/minney mouse (steamboat willy vintage) and now I have seen them from time to time reproduced into elcheepo 5$ cartoon complilations that clearly say mickeymouse movies, but when you look at them, their the old..old...old.. silent black and white things, that no kid today would even be interested in, let alone buy one without the misleading hype, so there must be some expiry of some of the real old stuff.. It's still 'the mouse' , but not the modern Mouse, and not really commercially viable anymore..

Mike Hood
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM
You can get their logo at:

http://brandsoftheworld.com/search/?query_id=34435948&page=1&brand_id=146165

Just be sure you're using it properly...

Lisa Walter
12-25-2007, 7:15 PM
The Disney Stores aren't owned by Disney anymore (about three years ago they sold). So they can't be TOO protective (like they once were)....they have someone other than themselves making and selling the products.

One thing you can try is searching for "dingbats". I needed a princess crown a few weeks ago and downloaded a princess dingbat and found a nice crown. Maybe you can find a dingbat with castles.

Lisa