PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen in Oakland

Chris Padilla
12-21-2007, 1:06 PM
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/?pg=1

They are having a weekend demo session in Oakland for any Bay Area SMCers.

I'll be there one of the days...just not sure which one. :D

Jason Beam
12-21-2007, 1:08 PM
OOH! I think I'll get some friends together and take a road trip :D

Chris Padilla
12-21-2007, 1:10 PM
I'll wear an SMC hat so come up and say, "Howdy!" to me, Jason! :) I don't bite...hard....

Scott Brihn
12-21-2007, 2:27 PM
Last month I attended their event in Boston. I enjoyed the non-commercial "feel" the event had and the ability to get some 1 on 1 time with leaders in the field. I went both days and was never bored.

Mark Stutz
12-21-2007, 2:57 PM
If this is anything like the first one in Boston, you are going to love it! Take your wallet!

Mark

Dan Bertenthal
12-21-2007, 4:07 PM
I've marked it on my calendar. But I might need to leave the wallet at home...

Also looking forward to meeting other Creekers.

Dave Anderson NH
12-21-2007, 7:16 PM
Any of you folks who live within a 3-4 hour drive should not miss this event. The atmosphere is low key at Tom's events without any sales pressure at all. There is a huge amount to learn if you just watch, and if you become an active participant asking questions, the benefits are even larger. While there are all kinds of demos on a wide variety of subjects, the two most important things about these events are being able to actually use and handle the tools, and the chance to learn about sharpening. Of the two, sharpening is the more important if you are new to our favorite obsession of woodworking by hand. Sharpening is the single most important gateway skill in hand tool woodworking. Without truly sharp tools you are forever doomed and you might as well just leave the tools on the shelf in the woodworking store and spend your money drinking, gambling, and chasing members of the opposite gender.:D

Mark Stutz
12-21-2007, 8:59 PM
you might as well just leave the tools on the shelf in the woodworking store and spend your money drinking, gambling, and chasing members of the opposite gender.:D

Exactly the reason LOML encourages me, and is generous with the tool budget:D :eek:

Mark

James Mittlefehldt
12-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Without truly sharp tools you are forever doomed and you might as well just leave the tools on the shelf in the woodworking store and spend your money drinking, gambling, and chasing members of the opposite gender.:D

Can't we do both?

I wonder if they will ever do anyting in Canada with Rob Cosman. I saw NArio Rodriguez at the Woodstick Wood Show a few years back but that is all, would love to attend one of these events.

Rye Crane
12-22-2007, 12:49 AM
If I don't wear a hat, I'm the one with the 5" part down the middle of his head, ringed in short white stubble. I'll also probably be the one drooling all over some of those tools. I would like to attend both days, if nothing else to try to figure out how I'm going to bury the expense of Lie-Nielsen's new inlay kit.

When I was at the AWFS in July I bumped into Chris Swartz, he is a really nice fellow and easy to talk with. I look forward to meeting him and any Creekers that also turn up.

Rye Crane
Pittsburg, Ca.