PDA

View Full Version : PC router and sander- price change

James Hart
12-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Just checked Amazon on the PC 690 router and 343 sander offer, price jumped up $50 to $139.

Jim

Peter Quadarella
12-21-2007, 1:31 PM
It still shows as $86.99 to me. It's so very tempting...

James Hart
12-21-2007, 1:39 PM
Peter,

Try going to the page and hit the refresh button on your browser. I know they are sometimes serving up different prices somehow, but there's a chance you're seeing the page that your computer cached from a previous visit.

Jim

Rick Gifford
12-21-2007, 1:42 PM
Still $86.99 just a few seconds ago. All pages refreshed.

James Hart
12-21-2007, 1:43 PM
I just went back out there and now it's $87 again. Go figure.

Rick Gifford
12-21-2007, 1:54 PM
I swear last night it was $82.99. I dunno whats going on over there!

Stan Welborn
12-21-2007, 2:05 PM
Shows $84 for me now, but no free sander.

Ben Martin
12-21-2007, 2:16 PM
Shows $84 for me now, but no free sander.

Yeah, I just checked, it is now down to $84 but they removed the free sander off which is ridiculous, I checked last night and it said that the offer was valid until 12/31.....

Bob Durgin
12-21-2007, 3:22 PM
It showed the sander was free last night. They both show out of stock with Amazon today, but in stock with other suppliers. Maybe that is why the sander no longer shows up for free.

James Hart
12-21-2007, 3:31 PM
I just went out there......$86.99 and the free sander is still showing on my page even after refreshing...if you're thinking about it, the promo code is FREE343K, order and try it.

Jim

Mike Langford
12-21-2007, 3:40 PM
Hey James, Do you think you may have accidentally clicked on the variable speed version?

It's at $139 (w/no sander!)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006411B/interactiveda8554-20

Steve Clardy
12-21-2007, 4:27 PM
It showed the sander was free last night. They both show out of stock with Amazon today, but in stock with other suppliers. Maybe that is why the sander no longer shows up for free.

I musta depleted the stock last night. ;)

Ben Martin
12-21-2007, 4:46 PM
Ok, now I am lost...

When I refresh the page, the deal doesn't show up. But, I had added the items to my cart last night, it showed the deal and the total was showing up at $86.99. Now, I can still go into my cart, I get the free sander, but the total shows up at $99.99, I still am not sure if I am going to pull the trigger...

Steve Clardy
12-21-2007, 4:51 PM
Ok, now I am lost...

When I refresh the page, the deal doesn't show up. But, I had added the items to my cart last night, it showed the deal and the total was showing up at $86.99. Now, I can still go into my cart, I get the free sander, but the total shows up at $99.99, I still am not sure if I am going to pull the trigger...

Thats common for amazon to raise and lower the prices.
Just keep an eye on it. It may or may not drop back down

James Hart
12-21-2007, 7:48 PM
Hey James, Do you think you may have accidentally clicked on the variable speed version?

It's at $139 (w/no sander!)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006411B/interactiveda8554-20

Mike,

I don't think so, but it sure is possible.

Jim

Stan Welborn
12-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Found the deal again, but it's out of stock and $99 now

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QEVQ/ref=pd_luc_mri?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Dick Aubochon
12-22-2007, 6:42 AM
Still available, but out of stock. For that price I can wait.....order placed.

Jim Thiel
12-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I just went out there......$86.99 and the free sander is still showing on my page even after refreshing...if you're thinking about it, the promo code is FREE343K, order and try it.

Jim

Another unordered router here, I just tried the promo code (FREE343K) with the Amazon router at 99.99 and the timberline tools router at 84.99, and both times the error message said the code was not valid. Perhaps I have the wrong code, but it seems it is off the table.

Jim

Dennis Hatchett
12-22-2007, 1:05 PM
Found the deal again, but it's out of stock and $99 now

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QEVQ/ref=pd_luc_mri?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I ordered this deal a few weeks ago for $84, or thereabouts, and was very impressed with the free 343k sander. I did an entire cabinet order using just that sander. I put my dewalts and faithful old makita on the shelf and the little 343k just did its thing on all that wood.

So I wanted to go back and get another one of these amazing deals and couldn't find it. But thanks to you Stan, I clicked your link I got another steal of a good router and a fine sander for under a hundred bucks. As norm says, "You can never have too many clamps, or routers, or bits, or cordless drills, or wide belt sanders, etc...

And to think I almost dumped 440 for a festool. I realize those festools must be really nice because of all the drool puddles left in the forums, but I just got a free sander that does a completely satisfactory job. It's all you need though maybe not all you want.

All the festool guys keep saying that if you buy the festool stuff, you'll never go back to the "cheap" stuff.

I guess I'll never know.

I'll be forced to live in frugal/blissful ignorrance.

I think I'll take that 440 I almost blew on a tool I didn't need and blow it on a really nice Leupold VXIII scope for my varmint rifle. Now that's a necessity!

Art Mulder
12-22-2007, 5:03 PM
Another unordered router here, I just tried the promo code (FREE343K) with the Amazon router at 99.99 and the timberline tools router at 84.99, and both times the error message said the code was not valid. Perhaps I have the wrong code, but it seems it is off the table.

Jim

Jim... just in case you didn't know this (I didn't and was serious confused for about a half hour) you need to put both the router AND the sander in you shopping cart, and THEN at checkout it takes the code. If you just put the router in, and punch in the code, it gave me an error also.

Stan Welborn
12-22-2007, 5:14 PM
I ordered this deal a few weeks ago for $84, or thereabouts, and was very impressed with the free 343k sander. I did an entire cabinet order using just that sander. I put my dewalts and faithful old makita on the shelf and the little 343k just did its thing on all that wood.

So I wanted to go back and get another one of these amazing deals and couldn't find it. But thanks to you Stan, I clicked your link I got another steal of a good router and a fine sander for under a hundred bucks. As norm says, "You can never have too many clamps, or routers, or bits, or cordless drills, or wide belt sanders, etc...

And to think I almost dumped 440 for a festool. I realize those festools must be really nice because of all the drool puddles left in the forums, but I just got a free sander that does a completely satisfactory job. It's all you need though maybe not all you want.

All the festool guys keep saying that if you buy the festool stuff, you'll never go back to the "cheap" stuff.

I guess I'll never know.

I'll be forced to live in frugal/blissful ignorrance.

I think I'll take that 440 I almost blew on a tool I didn't need and blow it on a really nice Leupold VXIII scope for my varmint rifle. Now that's a necessity!
Yep, I ordered another too Dennis. Not the best time of year to be unloading your wallet of an additional $100, but with the deal feeling like it was coming to a close I decided not to pass up the opportunity. Pus, with it looking like it wont ship till Jan sometime, it doesn't hurt yet. If it had been another time of year, I would have probably gotten 3. But, with Christmas, Kid's $5k braces, my root canal, new self opening vents under the house... my checking account is looking a tad anorexic