PDA

View Full Version : Delta RA Saw (missing guard)

Maury Saggus
12-21-2007, 2:11 AM
I have and opportunity to aquire a Delta 12" RA Saw model 33-892 for free.:D However, the saw is missing the blade guard. I have looked online at dewaltservicenet and the part is over $350!:eek:

Is it worth it to refurbish the saw? Other than the guard, it is missing a couple of knobs, and the top needs to be replaced. A general clean-up is in order.

Does anyone have any leads on a donor machine or a good source for the guard?? I am not in a big hurry for this as I don't have any spare shop room right now.

Thanks for the help as always!

Regards,

Maury

Bill Roland
12-21-2007, 9:31 AM
What is you usage going to be for this saw? That would determine how much it is worth to you to restore.

Randal Stevenson
12-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I would Google the DeWalt radial arm saw forums, and check out a Mr. Sawdust table. I would also post a wanted there (as well as here in the classifieds), but I have seen a couple of people use old (don't go ripping one off from the street), stop signs, to make a guard. Otherwise keep your eye on Ebay.

Maury Saggus
12-22-2007, 1:45 AM
What is you usage going to be for this saw? That would determine how much it is worth to you to restore.

:rolleyes:Umm.......I don't really have a use for it Bill...........But it's FREE!:D

Actually, I have wanted one for crosscut dadoes in bookshelves and to crosscut wider boards than my 10" CMS will handle. Besides, they just look cool in the shop.

Honestly i thought the sequence was - buy the tool, then find a use for it.

Maury - trying to find a project he needs a 12" RAS for..........

Maury Saggus
12-22-2007, 1:48 AM
I would also post a wanted there (as well as here in the classifieds), but I have seen a couple of people use old (don't go ripping one off from the street), stop signs, to make a guard. Otherwise keep your eye on Ebay.

Randal,

I think I have found one. However, making one could be fun, so i may try it either way. Thanks for the advice.

Maury - wondering if he has ever seen a stop sign on Ebay........:p