PDA

View Full Version : Price Matching

Jerry Solomon
02-22-2004, 7:06 PM
I need some advice from all you smart shoppers.....

We are planning to purchase new kitchen cabinets sometime in the next year or so. If the same brand is sold at both HD and Lowe's can I save 10% by taking my quote from Store 1 to Store 2 and invoking Store 2's "low price guarantee"?

Greg Heppeard
02-22-2004, 7:26 PM
Might work, I think I'd try at least. One thing they might say is that the items you want are special order and they can't do the price match on special order items. Another problem might be getting a written quote from them. I don't know...just brain storming

Arvin Brown
02-22-2004, 9:08 PM
They give you 10% of the differce. Say HD price was $100 and Lowe's was $95. The difference is $5. Therefore they would take an additional fifty cents off!!!!!!

Jim O'Dell
02-22-2004, 9:32 PM
I need some advice from all you smart shoppers.....

We are planning to purchase new kitchen cabinets sometime in the next year or so. If the same brand is sold at both HD and Lowe's can I save 10% by taking my quote from Store 1 to Store 2 and invoking Store 2's "low price guarantee"?

Jerry, I just got a Home Depot slick mailer with a 10% coupon inside for people that are moving. I'm sure they would honor that since they sent it to everyone. If nothing else, you are moving your cabinets!!! I'd still check both places, get the best price, then use the coupon. If Lowe's has the best price, they may honor the 10% off, or you can download one from Lowe's site. Already did that myself. Actually the Lowe's download was good up to $10,000.00 purchase, HD's only to something like $2,000.00.
But why not build your own? Fraction of the cost, and a lot of fun!! Could probably work some new toys...er tools (sure am glad for spell checker) into the deal. Jim.

Jerry Solomon
02-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the advice. I also noticed that apparently manufacturers may sell certain lines of cabinets to one chain and not to another. This might also eliminate much of the price matching hassles for them. Also, I didn't realize that the 10% was "of the difference". That could make the exercise futile in most cases. I did consider building cabinets. Unfortunately, I work EXTREMELY slowly and fear that LOML doesn't have the patience for such a project.