PDA

View Full Version : Long Ranger Multigate Switch System - Any good?

Jim Podsedly
12-20-2007, 5:54 PM
I am looking to add this system and wondered if anybody has any experience using the system.

For those who do not know what it is:
The system turns on your DC when you open a blast gate.

Thanks,
jim

Rick Levine
12-20-2007, 6:30 PM
I have the system and love it. Be sure to get a couple of extra gates incase you want to expand your system.

Jim Podsedly
12-20-2007, 6:48 PM
Thanks Rick.

I didn't think about doing a search prior to posting my thread.

Looks like most like the system after reading through the past threads.

Jim

Art Mulder
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I've got it, but I never bothered wiring up the gates. I just have a centrally located switch in my shop, which works fine.

Gate-mounted switches can be a bit of a juggle when you swap machines, as you have to be careful to open the next gate before closing the first one. Otherwise you needlessly power-cycle the DC.

Rick Levine
12-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I've got it, but I never bothered wiring up the gates. I just have a centrally located switch in my shop, which works fine.

Gate-mounted switches can be a bit of a juggle when you swap machines, as you have to be careful to open the next gate before closing the first one. Otherwise you needlessly power-cycle the DC.

I've been using my system for several months now and have't worried about power-cycling the DC. It seems to work just fine. I will however be checking with Woodworker's Supply to verify this. I can't imagine that a home shop could wear out the motor on a 3hp Woodtek DC that easily.