PDA

View Full Version : Yet another computer problem

Doug Jones
02-22-2004, 6:25 PM
Can you help out? I am missing a file and need to know where yours is located. Every time I boot up the computer, a box appears that says "OLEACC.DLL" is missing. I'm sure I can pull it off the CD but I don't know where to put it once I have it. So I need to know where this file is located on your computer.
TIA, Doug

Robert Ducharme
02-22-2004, 6:33 PM
It belongs in c:\WINDOWS\System32 (XP) and C:\WINNT\System32 (NT and Windows 2000) and can be pulled off the installation disk from the i386 folder.

Michael Cody
02-22-2004, 8:50 PM
Can you help out? I am missing a file and need to know where yours is located. Every time I boot up the computer, a box appears that says "OLEACC.DLL" is missing. I'm sure I can pull it off the CD but I don't know where to put it once I have it. So I need to know where this file is located on your computer.
TIA, Doug

Doug, depends on your operating system... this is a Win98 & Above file that has to do with Access Utilities for handicapped folks.. but if you are running Win95 it's real common to find it required by some software. You can put the Win98 one on Win95 real easy and you can get the file off of the internet.. go to Google.Com & Search for it.. lot's of places to download.... If you have a Win98 CD you have to extract it from the CAB files.. but it's easier to download..

The info in the previous message about other OS's is right.. but it's not common to see this problem on anything but Win95 as a rule.

Doug Jones
02-23-2004, 4:33 AM
Thanks guys, I'm running win98 and all is good now (for the moment). I appreciate your help.