PDA

View Full Version : Angle Wright Height Gauge

richard poitras
12-20-2007, 5:05 PM
I just saw an Angle Wright woodworkers Height Gauge in one of the wood magazines, looks like the gauge that Norm used to use on his show that was only out for a short time and that you could not purchase any more. So what are your thoughts? www.anglewright.com (http://www.anglewright.com/)

Rick Levine
12-20-2007, 5:17 PM
It's probably a very good and accurate device. I would probably buy it if I didn't already own a similar one. It might be overkill for my current ability though. But who knows, I may break down and buy one anyway. I especially like the miter gauge they are bringing back.

James Hart
12-20-2007, 5:30 PM
Woodhaven makes an almost identical miter gauge.
Thw Wixey has been discussed here recently. I picked one up at Rockler for $25 and it's dead nuts accurate on the bevel measurements.

Michael Gibbons
12-20-2007, 7:40 PM
I saw that they were back in business. I'm happy now. Before it was a day late dollar short, but I plan on getting one soon. I saw that on NYW and thought that was the ticket.

richard poitras
12-20-2007, 9:17 PM
From what I have been told from others on a different site that had got them from back when, and the new ones that are back on the market now... state they really like them …I guess Norm is selling them now on his site again also…the only drawback I can see is they are pricy ..….also what similar one do you have Rick?