PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations Nancy

Bill Wyko
12-20-2007, 3:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Isn't today The first day of retirement? Have fun...I insist.:D

Nancy Laird
12-20-2007, 3:24 PM
Thanks, Bill - I'm still at the office today, but tomorrow is another story. When I leave here this afternoon, it is with all my personal stuff and leaving the office key behind. I've been teary-eyed all day, and it's only gonna get worse as the day progresses.

Darn nice people!! Always making me cry (you too!!).

Nancy (1 day)

Bill Wyko
12-20-2007, 3:30 PM
Have a very, happy holliday.:D:D:D:D

TYLER WOOD
12-20-2007, 4:00 PM
Happy Birthday/holiday/retirement/etc.etc.etc.

Congrats on it all!!!

Glenn Clabo
12-20-2007, 4:21 PM
Nancy,
One of my mentors once said..."When you decide to retire you decide to give up the bad...but you also decide to give up the good...and the good is the contact with good people."

Enjoy Nancy...I got a feeling that "the people" will be knockin' down the door.

Heather Thompson
12-20-2007, 4:40 PM
Nancy,

I quit my professional career after twenty-five years of service in telecommunications, three years shy of retirement, very painful at all levels. My decision to leave the company was based on integrity, personal values and a dedication to professionalism, issues that ATT has discarded. Be greatful for the friends that you have embraced at work, here at the Creek and in the other parts of your life, good friends are the result of the values that you hold true on a daily basis. Allow yourself to grieve what may feel like a loss at first, but then feel the joy of embracing the next stage of your journey in life. Now get back in the shop and lets see some dust, shavings and whatever engravers leave....

Congratulations,

Heather :D

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2007, 6:34 PM
Congrats Nancy and now begins another journey in life. You have friends and your hobbies. Embrace and enjoy them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Barry Elder
12-20-2007, 7:23 PM
Nancy, when you put it in gear tomorrow after work, a whole new world opens before you. You thought you were busy at work. Wait until you find so much to do in retirement that you have to quit just to try to get organized! All those thousands of things you never had time to do.........guess what! Ha!Ha!Ha! And away we go!

Jim Becker
12-20-2007, 7:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Nancy!

(I can only wish for the same kind of day...someday... :rolleyes: ...but that darn Prize Patrol keeps passing my house by! :o)

Justin Bukoski
12-21-2007, 1:31 AM
Nancy, I expect to see many pictures of your wonderful work now that you have nothing to do but entertain us!!

Congratulations on starting a new adventure!

Jude Kingery
12-21-2007, 1:46 AM
Best wishes, Nancy! You can maintain the friendships and let go of the stress; retirement is a great place to be although transition, change - of course it feels differently. Overall, enjoy and celebrate! Congratulations, Jude

Jon Lanier
12-21-2007, 2:20 AM
Congratulations Nancy! You are getting something my wife says I'll never get or do. Retire.

Enjoy it all and open a new pages to your life.

-Jon

John Taylor
12-21-2007, 4:52 AM
Congratulations Nancy you will now have time for the important things in life.

As they say give it a couple of months and you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work. :D

john

Rick Huelsbeck
12-21-2007, 7:50 AM
My girlfriend retired June of this year, and she is busier than ever, nothing to do with work, just doing her passions. Good luck with the new career and enjoy the free time when you can. Rick.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2007, 8:25 AM
Congrats Nancy! And Congrats Dave.....Now she can be your personal slave!:eek::rolleyes::D

Congrats Nancy!

Tony De Masi
12-21-2007, 8:45 AM
Congrats to you Nancy. May you enjoy the ride that is ahead of you.

Only six working days left myself.:D

Tony

Don Orr
12-21-2007, 9:25 AM
Yahooo !! Yipeee !! Woohoooo !! Yeehaaa !! (Imagine jumping up and down clapping hands ) You're free ! (Sort of) Congratulations and enjoy your retirement.

Nancy Laird
12-21-2007, 9:29 AM
:D:DWell, it's over. Yesterday afternoon I took all my personal belongings out of the office into my car, cleaned off my computer of my personal stuff, turned in my key, hugged my boss, cried a bit, and left. It is OVER!!! With luck, I'll never have to fight morning rush-hour traffic again.http://familywoodworking.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://familywoodworking.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for joining in the countdown and for your good wishes. I'm looking forward to a whole new phase of my life, and it's gonna be a good one. I have declared it to be so.

So, to everyone here---

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whatever your creed may be, and

May you all have a joyful, peaceful, and prosperous New Year in 2008.

Nancy

Al Navas
12-21-2007, 9:33 AM
Congratulations, Nancy!

I wish you and your family, and all fellow Creekers, a Merry Christmas; my wish is for a 2008 full of wonder and excitement.

Tyler Howell
12-21-2007, 9:33 AM
Congrats Nancy,
Don't slow down. I'm right behind you.

72 more days.

Pete Jordan
12-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Wonderful Nancy!

I think you need to take a week long vacation to get started at one of those woodturning camps!

Bonnie Campbell
12-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Congratulations Nancy! :)