PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Challenge Coin display ideas

Michael McCoy
12-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Long time retired USMC friend and coworker is retiring from his second career shortly and his wife has asked me to make him a display rack for his challenge coin collection. The traditional ones are easily produced but I just thought I'd ask if anyone has come across a one of a kind type and wouldn't mind their idea being used.

Don Abele
12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Michael, I'm off today but I'll shoot a pic of the one in my office tomorrow and upload it if you'd like. It's a hanging wall shelf type with a mirrored back. Each shelf has three grooves in it. It can hold about 300 coins (and it's nearly full).

One of the best designs I saw was a coffee table with a clear glass top. The coins sat in a velvet-lined drawer immediately under the top (the drawer idea was so you didn't have to take the glass off). I've see this same designed used as a shadow box as well.

Whatever you come up with, be sure and let us see the final product.

Be well,

Doc

Michael McCoy
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks Don - I like the coffee table idea.

Larry James
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Long time retired USMC friend and coworker is retiring from his second career shortly and his wife has asked me to make him a display rack for his challenge coin collection. The traditional ones are easily produced but I just thought I'd ask if anyone has come across a one of a kind type and wouldn't mind their idea being used.

Google - USMC coins storage display - and click on image icon at top of page.

May be some ideas you can use. May help to narrow search to - coins display.

Larry
Semper Fi