PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't see

Brian Brown
12-20-2007, 8:38 AM
When I sand my work, the dust collects on my face shield, and I have to stop every minute or two to clean the face shield. I live in an arid area and the static electricity is a real problem, especially in winter. I spend more time cleaning, than I do working. Does anyone know a product out there that can be put on a face shield to repel dust or reverse the electrical charge so the dust won't stick? Besides being a pain in the butt, it can be dangerous not being able to see.

Brian

Rich Stewart
12-20-2007, 8:54 AM
I get a dryer sheet. Wipe the shield down with that. It seems to work pretty well for me. Bounce is good.

Mike Golka
12-20-2007, 9:29 AM
Ditto on what Rich said.

Rob Leslie
12-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I keep a fan on behind me (actually behind and to my left) when I'm at the lathe. It sits at shoulder level and continuously blows the curls and dust away from me and toward the open garage door. Over time I still get a slight build up on the shield, but a light wipe with a paper towel every few hours seems to be sufficient.

Tony De Masi
12-20-2007, 3:28 PM
Dryer sheets will work and so will Armorall.

Tony

Kevin McPeek
12-20-2007, 3:55 PM
I use the used dryer sheets. Fresh ones leave streaks on my sheild.

John W. Willis
12-20-2007, 8:28 PM
I use fog free on mine, keeps it from fogging and also seems to help with the static dust collection. I think I got it at wal-mart in the automotive section.

Brian Brown
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks everyone! The dryer sheets work great. Less cleaning, more turning. Simple solution for an annoying problem.

Brian