PDA

View Full Version : Fixations

Jim Young
12-19-2007, 9:27 PM
Have you ever been so fixated on a certain subject that it's all you think about? I have been researching cameras and seem to be spending way too much time on it. Now that I finally decided on what to get I'm waiting for time to go by till I can go make the purchase.

I feel like a hungry dog in front of a full food bowl.

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 9:51 PM
Have you ever been so fixated on a certain subject that it's all you think about? I have been researching cameras and seem to be spending way too much time on it. Now that I finally decided on what to get I'm waiting for time to go by till I can go make the purchase.

I feel like a hungry dog in front of a full food bowl.
Well, when I was a tad younger...I was kinda fixated on the anatomy of a certain gender. ( give you a hint....not males:rolleyes: ) Lately I'm fixated on what woodworking project I'm going to start. I think I know, but well, I'm not sure. Now where are those mags???
Gary

David G Baker
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Jim,
That is the story of my life. I have four sons and they are the same way. We all research things to death before we commit and when we commit there is no turning back.
Right now and for the past several months I have been locked on the Nikon D80 with the 18-200mm lens but am not quite ready to pull the lever.
The fixations are how I grow and learn.

Jim Becker
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Of course. Fixation and obsession is the story of my life... :)

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Of course. Fixation and obsession is the story of my life... :)
I wonder.....Are you fixated by your obsessions...or obsessed with your fixations??:confused::p

Where is that magazine?????????

keith ouellette
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I have super extreme advanced adult attention deficit disorder. I wish i could get fixated on something. I'm surprised I finished typing this out... OH look, a bird...

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-20-2007, 9:31 AM
Girls, Girls, Girls.

Is there any other fixation so much fun - or expensive.

Gary Keedwell
12-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Girls, Girls, Girls.

Is there any other fixation so much fun - or expensive.
My wife still makes fun of my high school yearbook. Under my name it says that "Gary seems to have an interest in cars and girls and cars and girls".
Gary