PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Bruce Volden
12-19-2007, 8:44 PM
I liked the challenge of doing this (vectorizing) so I thought maybe I could share a piece of history? It was fun? Saved in V.9 for you older timers.

Bruce

Ed Newbold
12-20-2007, 8:05 AM
I liked the challenge of doing this (vectorizing) so I thought maybe I could share a piece of history? It was fun? Saved in V.9 for you older timers.

BruceThanks, Bruce. This is a "fancy dove," correct? Pardon my ignorance and lack of historical knowledge, but what is the significance of its association with John Adams?

Cheers,

Bruce Volden
12-20-2007, 9:18 AM
Ed,

Why...I don't really know:eek: I think a toast was made that mentioned the "fair dove of liberty". Mostly I just liked the drawing when I saw it on the web and thought I'd "play":o It was Adams not Hancock btw.

Bruce

Ed Newbold
12-20-2007, 9:23 AM
Ed,

Why...I don't really know:eek: I think a toast was made that mentioned the "fair dove of liberty". Mostly I just liked the drawing when I saw it on the web and thought I'd "play":o It was Adams not Hancock btw.

BruceIt's a really nice image, and I'm going to try to fit it in somewhere. Oh, and I fixed the previous post.

Thanks,

Bruce Volden
12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
My original intentions after I first saw the pic was to use it for inlay. I figgered MOP into a walnut box would be striking. Then I got into vectorizing it and realized that the MOP would likely break at the finer points of the feathering. Oh well it was still fun!

Bruce