PDA

View Full Version : digital picture frames

Randy Cohen
12-19-2007, 7:09 PM
i thought i would get a couple of these as gifts....don't really need the mp3 player that comes with most of them. anyone know anything about them? experience? i'm thinking in the around $100 range.

Jim Becker
12-19-2007, 7:14 PM
I just bought one at Staples for the 'rents for $99 + tax. No MP3 player. But you do need a memory device for these...the one I bought takes several versions including the more popular SD format. I used a "freebie" USB key for the pictures I put on the one I bought for this gift rather than buying yet another memory card. Works great!

Todd Burch
12-19-2007, 7:15 PM
My wife's been wanting to get one of these for her parents (my in-laws). I keep steering her away from them. For me, it's a gimick, and I see them as something that should be living in a kiosk with ad banners running across it.

Todd

Jim Becker
12-19-2007, 7:17 PM
I thought that a little, too, Todd, but honestly, after loading up about 20 pictures of the girls, etc., I know that my parents will absolutely love it as a gift.

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 7:34 PM
I got one one-line from Costco's on cyber Monday. It is neat. Just take your memory card out of your digital camera and stick it in the picture frame. You don't have to do anything but turn it on. People come over and they love it. I got the 11" for about $115. Walmart had a sale for memory card $14.00 for 2GB. Now I have one card for the camera and one card for the frame.

Gary

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2007, 1:20 AM
The LOML bought one for her widowed mother. She's loading photos of our family, the grandkids and the great grandkids (the MIL's greatgreat grandkids) and sending it to her. The MIL refuses to get a computer so the LOML bought a 2-for-1 memory sale. She'll send one to her Mom. When the MIL gets tired of those, the LOML will program the next one and send it to her and the MIL will return the 1st one.

keith ouellette
12-20-2007, 11:28 PM
K Mart has a nice one by kodak. It has a usb port and a slot for the chip and comes with 3 different frames, A black, a light clear wood and an off cherry. They are $98. i just bought two.

Jack Hogoboom
12-22-2007, 8:07 PM
My secretary gave me one for Xmas. I liked it so much I ordered one for my parents. Mine is a name brand I never heard before, but it works great. certainly good enough for my desk.

Jack

Jim Kountz
12-23-2007, 10:03 AM
My wife's been wanting to get one of these for her parents (my in-laws). I keep steering her away from them. For me, it's a gimick, and I see them as something that should be living in a kiosk with ad banners running across it.

Todd

Man I dont know Todd, for a minute there I was starting to think you really didnt like these things at all!
:D:D:D:D