PDA

View Full Version : This year for Christmas, Santa's bringing me a...

James Mooney
12-19-2007, 6:36 PM
...brand new Epilog Legend EXT 60W complete with air assist and a BOFA Advantage 800 extractor. Can't wait!! :D

I've been really just lurking and researching here for the last few months but I have to say that this site has been an invaluable source of information and is blessed with many fantastic contributors. I'm bound to start pestering everyone with questions when it arrives (end of Jan) and generally being a nuisance but hopefully I will be able to make more relevant contributions as I learn more. Thank you all for your excellent posts and helping me get a real insight into the area.

James

James Jaragosky
12-19-2007, 6:48 PM
congratulations on your new laser. and welcome.
try to keep the really dumb questions to a minimum, as that is my area of expertise and I don't like too much competition.:);)

Bruce Volden
12-19-2007, 6:52 PM
James Mooney.........I HATE you;) But I know you'll love "burning stuff" !

Welcome aboard~~~from abroad.:D

Bruce

Mitchell Andrus
12-19-2007, 7:27 PM
Way cool. Pass a good work to your Santa 'bout me, will ya? My Santa made me buy my own.

Mike Null
12-19-2007, 8:54 PM
James
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new equipment.

I don't know how far Limerick City is from Dublin but there is a fellow there by the name of Rob McNamara At Shamrock Stamps who might be some local help to you. mailto:info (put @ in here)shamrockstamps.ie

As you have noticed we have plenty of Epilog owners on SMC to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Frank Corker
12-20-2007, 5:12 AM
Welcome James, I'll also be one of your closest Epilog owners on the site

James Mooney
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
James
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new equipment.

I don't know how far Limerick City is from Dublin but there is a fellow there by the name of Rob McNamara At Shamrock Stamps who might be some local help to you. mailto:info (put @ in here)shamrockstamps.ie

As you have noticed we have plenty of Epilog owners on SMC to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Mike, you so eloquently illustrate my point about the site being an invaluable source of information blessed with fantastic contributors :)

Larry Bratton
12-20-2007, 7:50 PM
James:
I have a 40watt EXT. I wish it was a 60, but the 40 was a stretch at the time, as I opted for the bigger table. You'll enjoy all that space and power as a combination. I've had mine about 8 months and have been able to take advantage of the larger table several times.

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to learn and share experiences. I would love to visit Ireland sometime, as that is where my ancestors came from. Maybe if I ever get there you might let me buy you a pint huh?:cool:

James Mooney
12-21-2007, 7:29 AM
Larry
The 60W is a stretch for me too but hopefully worth it. From the sound of it, if you make it over here, you'll fit in perfectly :D

Larry Bratton
12-21-2007, 3:56 PM
Larry
The 60W is a stretch for me too but hopefully worth it. From the sound of it, if you make it over here, you'll fit in perfectly :D
James:
Keep us posted after it arrives. Be sure and have some equipment on hand. With the crate it's over 500 lbs. You may have to take the door off it's hinges too in order to get it in. Although mine is on a concrete floor, I put a piece of 1/2" MDF under it to assist in leveling. What kind of exhaust system are you getting?

Mike DeRegnaucourt
12-21-2007, 7:01 PM
James,

You'll love your Legend EXT 60-watt! I love mine and I am glad I went with the bigger table and higher wattage.

SMC is definitely a great group of people and you'll find it an invaluable resource in your "tool box".:)

Bob Cole
12-22-2007, 3:28 AM
Congratulations.

Welcome to the creek.

Rags Alan Ragland
12-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your new "toy". I love mine and am very glad I went with a 24 X 36 EXT, 75W. After less than 1 year I feel confident in most applications and you will as well I am sure.
Again, Congratulations