PDA

View Full Version : good reason to enlarge thr shop.

James Jaragosky
12-19-2007, 4:30 PM
I am starting to accumulate quite a collection of almosts.
Almost good enough, but not quite good enough to go out the door with my name on it.
I may need to put on an addition to the shop soon.

Brian Robison
12-19-2007, 4:37 PM
Jim,
sounds like you need to buy a trash can, I've got 2 of them!!:D:eek:

James Jaragosky
12-19-2007, 5:17 PM
tossing stuff out.
I always tell myself I may need that some day, but i never do until about one week after it's gone.:confused:

Joe Pelonio
12-19-2007, 5:37 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I just called my plastic recycler because my pile of
scraps has grown to about 5' high.

Those duds you could use to decorate the wall, with bits of double sided foam tape.

Angus Hines
12-20-2007, 1:23 PM
Is this something that they pay by the pound for like copper? Or is it just a pick up service,like your city recycle program or something?

Thanks for reminding me, I just called my plastic recycler because my pile of
scraps has grown to about 5' high.

Those duds you could use to decorate the wall, with bits of double sided foam tape.

Rodne Gold
12-20-2007, 2:16 PM
If its not good enough to go out your door , they only good for practice or to cut up to make jigs etc. I never show a customer an "almost" :)

Joe Pelonio
12-20-2007, 2:25 PM
Is this something that they pay by the pound for like copper? Or is it just a pick up service,like your city recycle program or something?
They would have to go in the trash, our local people don't recycle it. This place only picks up from businesses with significant quantities, then take it by the truckload to a place on the eastern side of the state that recycles it.

They charge me nothing but don't pay me either.

Gregg Vaughn
12-20-2007, 4:27 PM
I'm 6 months into the learning curve and my pile is akin to a small shrine! When can I hope for more "going out the door" than "on the floor"?

Eric Allen
12-20-2007, 5:24 PM
Heh, I've got pretty close to a year of intensive study, careful work, and unbelievably paranoid operation and planning because I hate to waste material with a passion. I still forget to set the focus on occasion:) The autofocus I just removed, it just gets in the way. I did, however, discover that my manual focus gauge wasn't set right, so that's something to watch. There will always be scrap..er...practice pieces:D

Bill Cunningham
12-20-2007, 9:20 PM
I have a couple of "almosts" on display in the shop!!
Of course, you never tell a customer that it's a "reject" until they look at it and say "WoW!!.. Then I say ya, but thats one of the rejects..The ones I ship, look Way better than 'that' .. Leave em with their jaw dropped..:D