PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the following clip-art??

Barb Macdonald
12-19-2007, 9:27 AM
A Coffe cup with steam rising from it, and a simple palm tree??? Vector files, please???
Oh, I wish people would hire designers for their artwork, a word doc NEVER makes my day....
Thanks in advance
Barb

Kenneth Hertzog
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Barb
they did hire a designer but the problem is we can't charge what a designer gets to do the job. I just finished up two jobs that took over 2 hrs to get the graphics right. I feel your pain :o
sorry I don't have the graphics you want
ken

Joe Pelonio
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Here's a few I have.

I have found that sometimes you can copy and paste an image from Word
into Corel and it comes out vector, depending on where they got it.

Mike Null
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
In the Corel tutorial which comes with the software there is a practice piece with the cup elements and I believe the palm tree is in the clipart folder.

Scott Shepherd
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Both of those are on the discs that come with Corel. Not sure which ones and where, but I do recall looking for the coffee cup for a customer once and finding it, and I used the palm tree to cutout next to someone's name in acrylic, so I'm pretty sure both are in there and a couple of each.

Mike beat me too it!

Barb Macdonald
12-19-2007, 9:19 PM
It's just the butt-ugly factor of what we have to reproduce, that's painful. It actually slows us down. If I can ever figure out how to post attachments, I'll show ya what I mean. What passes for Logo work? Whatever you like! Never mind that the text is so distorted it will be illegible from any distance... arrrrghhh.
I did try importing the doc, no luck, corel stared back blankly..
The scan to vector in CASmate is still the best there is, imo. Just needs tons of clean-up.... Corel's isn't as good, and also needs lots of clean-up. The files y'all attached were much appreciated, they motivated my artist to finally get the work done.. It's just so much harder to make 'em ugly!
We've been in the sign business now for almost 30 years, and ugly signs are still part of what we (have to) do!
On the good laser side, I burned a bunch of stainless cermarked, worked great, did some laserbits wood alder stuff, also excellent! I made the duck box, it's a beaut!

To the Creek:)

MerryMerry to all

Barb
epilog.legend.ext.60w, xenetech rotaries, (yes!!!), mimaki plotters, casMATE since 1995!!!!!!! what a program:)