PDA

View Full Version : Louver Templates????

Dick Strauss
12-19-2007, 1:13 AM
Do you know where I can find a good jig design for making louvers for a friend? I told him to use a plunge router and a brass guide with a template to help him with his little business venture. He'll be making dozens of louvered panels before the job is done. What size brass insert should he use for a 1/4" louver slot (3/8"?)?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

Bill Huber
12-19-2007, 1:24 AM
Norm showed how to make a jig for just that on one of his shows. There were 2 show of jigs that he did, I am not sure of the show number but you may be able to find it on his site.

George Bregar
12-19-2007, 8:32 AM
Norm showed how to make a jig for just that on one of his shows. There were 2 show of jigs that he did, I am not sure of the show number but you may be able to find it on his site. Exactly. http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0101

Bruce Wrenn
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
You didn't say what these panels would be made from. Check out a company named US Shutter. They are about $12 a square foot for custom shutters. They advertise on another wood working web site. Did a Google and they popped right up. Unless his time is free, shutters can be ordered cheaper.