PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on 3520 lately

John Sheets
12-18-2007, 7:39 PM
With all the folks gloating (and rightly so) about their new 3520B's, I'm wondering where the best deal is out there now. Where are you guys buying? Toolnut, Southern Tool, Osolnik, Amazon, Woodcraft? I may be getting pretty close to a purchase myself, and looking for some input.
Thanks, John

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2007, 7:59 PM
John.....I think if you check around you'll see that the price is the same regardless. I bought mine in early September. If I'd have bought it in August I could have got some deals. Talking with several dealers, PM changed their techniques and now all dealers sell them at the same price. I found one internet site that was selling it cheaper and one of the dealers I was talking to pointed out this and that the site was actually selling factory refurbs. I talked with other dealers and got the same story. As of September 1.....all dealers sell for the same price. That's the story I got from a dealer in TX and a dealer in WA.

Paul Heely
12-18-2007, 8:19 PM
I bought one of the packages with the extension from Osolnik. Thought their price was as good as anyone else that I checked. Part of the reason I went with them was I heard good things about his service.

I managed to break the hinge on the door you open to change the belt speed. Completely my fault and I told Joe that when I called today. A replacement is already on its way free of charge. Every time I've called Joe, the owner, is who answered the phone.

James Biddle
12-18-2007, 10:17 PM
I got mine from Tool Nut. But whoever you buy it from...buy all of the potential accessories with the lathe to save on shipping. My experience is that they will not charge you a lot of shiiping with the initial purchase, but they will KILL you on accessory shipping.

Jim Podsedly
12-19-2007, 7:55 AM
This is what I did.
I found the best price on the internet and then called Toolnut.

They verified the price i told them and then they beat the price (including shipping). They were also great to work with.

I have no affiliation with them besides buying my 3520.

Jim

Jeffrey Fusaro
12-19-2007, 9:22 AM
check craft supply. they were offering free shipping.

Mike Peace
12-19-2007, 1:33 PM
I found Osolnik only charges $85 for residential/liftgate whereas Craft Supplies charges $140. And Osolnick was $50 cheaper than CS on the lathe.

George Morris
12-19-2007, 5:48 PM
I got my mustard from toolnut they beat my lowest price!! I am still waiting on a back ordered dust collector for it. Been almost a month delivery was free also. George

Tony Wheeler
12-19-2007, 6:04 PM
I just got mine from Craft Supplys this months with delivery I paid 2595 tool nut quoted me 10 bucks cheaper and for 10 diff I went with CSUSA since I know that if there is a problems they take care of quick and hassle free.

John Abt
12-20-2007, 4:47 PM
Mine came from Tool Nut. Most of the suppliers have the lathe drop-shipped. Tool Nut responded fastest to my questions and included free shipping and free liftgate service to roll the crate into my garage. I agree that you should get accessories at the same time. I only ordered the 18" extension.

The bottom line is that I think you'll be happy no matter who you buy it from.

Enjoy!

Bob Stroman
12-21-2007, 8:11 PM
McFarland's Mill in Winchester, VA, delivered my 3520B down 13 steps and assembled it in my basement. I paid $100 for this service, but no sales tax on my side of Potomac river. Another local guy that bought elsewhere fell off the lift gate during his delivery and broke his arm in 3 places recently. I was glad to have my lathe ready to go when the old boys from McFarlands left. I paid a premium for delivery and assembly, and it was the BEST DEAL!

Bob Stroman

Charles Hannemann
12-21-2007, 9:40 PM
So how much did people pay bottom line i got a quote from toolhut of 2570.00 delivered. someone told me that they got it 2425.00 from the toolhut.

Brodie Brickey
12-22-2007, 9:28 AM
McFarland's Mill in Winchester, VA, delivered my 3520B down 13 steps and assembled it in my basement. I paid $100 for this service, but no sales tax on my side of Potomac river. Another local guy that bought elsewhere fell off the lift gate during his delivery and broke his arm in 3 places recently. I was glad to have my lathe ready to go when the old boys from McFarlands left. I paid a premium for delivery and assembly, and it was the BEST DEAL!

Bob Stroman

Bob,

Sounds like you got a good deal. I heard about "the guy" on another forum second hand, so to speak, and while I feel for him, your post just made me laugh. "I paid premium...and it was the BEST DEAL!" Sometimes it really is.

I bought my PM3520A through Amazon a couple years ago. It was a good deal then, but when it was damaged in shipping (you know that controller that hangs off the back of the lathe? Why is it only protected by 2 pieces of cardboard?) it was a hassle to clear up but they did ship a new one. Took about a month. As I understand it, the 3520B is packaged differently so similar things are less likely to happen.