PDA

View Full Version : Any words of wisdom or suggestions!

James Jaragosky
12-18-2007, 1:33 PM
I can see as my image collection grows, that I will need a better way to file and sort them.
Currently I have files named after things like deer, birds, Santa, fishing, boats, etcetera. And then the files named for a specific customer or job. Inside each file I usually have 3 copies of an image
The original, the grayscale, and a BMP of the photograV rendering.
But it is looking like I will need to create files of these groups of three inside each general or costumer file. The amount of images in some files is going to demand this just to stay manageable.
I have Three questions.
1.Is their value in saving a forth copy of an image? That forth copy being the photograV file, the file of its rendering. currently I hit the do not save button science photograV is the only program that can open it. And if I need to check the settings I can just run the BMP version back through PhotograV to get the settings that I need.
2.How do you name your files as you work on them, so you can keep them straight? Like snowmenoriginal, snowmangrayscale, snowmanvector, snowmanwip1 (I use wip for files I am working on wip stands for work in progress) etcetera.
3.And do you have any words of wisdom or suggestions that may help me stay more organized?
Thanks for your input
Jim J.

Brian Robison
12-18-2007, 1:42 PM
Jim, I'm horrible at this.
I use 1 file but have an original and a greyscale resized in it. You could use different pages or I usually just have it in the drawing ready to put in to the page if needed. I hope this makes sense.

Bill Cunningham
12-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I usually just keep the the .cdr file, the grayscale.bmp I feed to photograv, and dump the rest. I virtually never output the photograv colour rendition, and If I need the binary file again, it takes only a minute or two to run it through photograv once more, or I run the original .cdr file that conains the image.. I only keep the grayscale, incase I have to enhance it for some reason