PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic signage

Don Necaise
12-18-2007, 8:11 AM
I am looking for some magnetic signage sheets to engrave business signs for vehicles to advertise. Does anyone know if or wher I can get some that are laser engravable.

Joe Pelonio
12-18-2007, 8:35 AM
Rowmark makes them, they are very thin (.02) like refrigerator magnets though. For vehicles I normally use the thicker 30 mil with vinyl lettering, because on a vehicle it's not as likely to curl in the sun or fall off due to
wind at speed.

Don Necaise
12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
re you engraving on the magnet itself or what
thanks

Joe Pelonio
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
re you engraving on the magnet itself or what
thanks
The Rowmark Lasermag material has two layers on top of the magnet, you engrave through the top to reveal the contrasting color, but not into the magnetic layer. You can also cut out the letters and have individual magnetic letters in the top layer color.

One note on magnetic signs of any type on vehicles: They must be removed and cleaned weekly, both the car and the back of the sign. If not, they will eventually stick to the paint and when they are pulled off may bring the paint with them. When selling them I always make sure to put cleaning instructions on the invoice.

Don Necaise
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the help Joe

Bill Cunningham
12-18-2007, 10:54 PM
The Rowmark stuff is strictly for fridge magnets. A piece of any size, will blow right off the vehicle.. The thin material does not have enough holding power.. Like Joe says, 30 mil is the stuff.. If you get it in polyester (gold & silver are usually polyester) you can cut through the surface to the magnetic, and get the contrast that way.. Not a lot of choice on colours though, and a expensive, slow way to make a vehicle sign