PDA

View Full Version : Need Diamond Glass Compnay Logo

Lisa Walter
12-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

Lisa77383

Mike Hood
12-17-2007, 11:00 PM
[quote=Lisa Burger;721560]I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

This might get you started:

Joe Pelonio
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
With a simple logo like this I find it a lot easier and better to duplicate it manually in Core. Figure out the font, recreate the lettering to size and location, and make a diamond.

Ricky Gore
12-18-2007, 9:52 AM
This seems like a fairly large company, I would ask the client to contact their marketing department and get you the logo in a vector format.

Lisa Walter
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
This seems like a fairly large company, I would ask the client to contact their marketing department and get you the logo in a vector format.

I thought the same thing, and found out just now they'd like them by tomorrow! ACK! I asked if they had a tablet or something with the logo on it I could scan and they have nothing at their house. He said he would take the ornament as it is (I gave him a sample of what the lettering did and he liked it) but I can't do that. I am trying to make a good impression and that ornament is just not acceptable. I am not trying to be anal, but it's my name out there........I can't ruin it sending out that ornament.

Lisa Walter
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
[quote=Lisa Burger;721560]I have a request for some ornaments from a person who works for this company (she wants to give them as gifts). The logo she gave me is terrible so I went to their site and copied what they had on their web site. It looked pretty good until I engraved it and it didn't come out very nice. Ever so lightly between the letters is some shadowy stuff. The logo itself looks great, but I have this checkered shadowy stuff in between. Is there a way to clean up the logo or does someone have a cd with the diamond glass (diamond auto glass) logo on it? Here is the logo.......it's backwards since I was engraving it on the back of a glass ornament.

This might get you started:

Thanks Mike! I will definately burn this and see how it looks. I just found out they want them for tomorrow (must be a xmas party??). I asked if they had a tablet or something around I could scan.......they don't. I thought about emailing the company and asking for something, but who knows if they will get back to me right away.

Lisa

Lisa Walter
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM

I thought of this, until I found out they want to ornaments for tomorrow! :eek:

Mark Winlund
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Joe has a point... learning how to create a logo is part of the trade. Scanning and engraving the scan as is rarely works very well. Even with a poor scan, a simple logo usually does not require more than a half hour's worth of rework. Time to sit down with Corel for a few hundred hours!

Mark

Bill Cunningham
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
It's funny, the bigger the company, the less likely you are to find someone within it, that really knows what good logo art looks like.. I ALWAYS get some piece of web crap, (usually uselessly embedded in a .doc file) because the folks that need the job done, are 'never' the marketing people.. When it's simple, it's always better and faster to just redraw the thing, than try to explain what you 'really' need..