PDA

View Full Version : Bath cabinet

Jim Dunn
12-17-2007, 9:22 PM
My DIL wanted a smallish cabinet to put in the girls bathroom. She designed and I built. Son painted:eek: Poplar frame and cherry shelf and door fronts. A real simple project but it took about a month with everything else going on.

keith ouellette
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
looks nice Jim. I hate how everything else gets in the way of my wood working. I am way behind on a project i am working on mostly because I have to be someplace else so often. The other problem is I make a lot of mistakes.

Jim Becker
12-17-2007, 11:38 PM
"Everything going on" is the story of my life, too! Nice job on the cabinet, Jim.

Rick Levine
12-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Not to hijack the post but I finished a similar project this weekend. Finally, after several years of waiting for my shop I built Norm's first project. A bathroom medicine cabinet.

I bought his plans with the intension of putting it in the bathroom of the shop and now it's done. The interesting thing about it is the wood I used came from a custom made waterbed I had made about 25 years ago. I got rid of the water mattress about 10 years ago and added a regular mattress.

When I sold my house in LA and moved to New Mexico I just stored the wood with the intension of using it for something down the road. I didn't know what the wood was since it had a very dark stain. I turned out to be mostly QSWO! I only paid about $400 for the whole bead back then and it was custom made. I don't know what that amount of QSWO would sell for now. Two of the boards are 9" wide and 8' long and I still have them. The foot of the bed was the same width but only about 6' long. The headboard was almost 12" wide and the same length as the foot.

It's a good feeling to give a third life to the tree.