PDA

View Full Version : Is Menards having a bag sale this year?

Brian Elfert
12-17-2007, 8:57 PM
Menards has been having a bag sale around the holidays for a number of years. Last year they offered 15% off anythng that fit in the bag.

Anybody know if they are doing it again this year? They did it the week before Christmas last year, but no such luck this year.

Jason Roehl
12-17-2007, 9:45 PM
They did one back in July or August--we moved in late June and it was after that. I know because we made a killing on new towel bars, hooks and TP holders for 2 of our bathrooms. It was still expensive, but it would have been outrageous without the bags.

I'm thinking they do one in January, post-holidays to try to generate traffic, but maybe my memory's fuzzy.

Steve Schlumpf
12-17-2007, 9:48 PM
I think I remember Menards doing the bag sale just after New Years. Like Jason said - trying to get the customers back into the store!

Brian Elfert
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
The bag sale used to be in January, but last year they had a bag sale Dec 17 through the 24. This year they had another bag sale Feb 4th through the 10th. (Don't ask me why I still have some old bags around.)

I think in 2005 they may have done it before Christmas too.

I wish the bag sale was this week as I just had to buy two expensive arc fault circuit breakers for my bedroom addition. Damned inspector told me a year ago I only needed an AFCI for the receptacles and when I called for the final inspection this week he said I need them for the lights and smoke alarms too.

David G Baker
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Brian,
Menard's in Mid Michigan had a bag sale a couple of months ago. I loaded up on electrical things. Went back a couple times and did it all over again. Saved quite a bit of $.:cool: