PDA

View Full Version : Plano Glue Press opinions

Frank Martin
12-17-2007, 2:33 PM
I have read the several threads about this clamping system with mixed reviews.

For those who use this system:

Does it work well?
Would you buy it again?Thanks!

Jay Brewer
12-17-2007, 4:38 PM
Hi Frank, I finally got mine set up about 3 months ago. I have the 5 clamp version and am thinking about adding another section.The first time I used it, I wasnt impressed. It is a little cumbersome and awkward, until you get used to it.

After using it for awhile I have really started to like it.It does produce flat glue ups and I spend a lot less time at the widebelt flatting everything up. It will not fix warped or twisted boards, but I consider it alot better than parallel clamps

Frank Martin
12-17-2007, 4:54 PM
Hi Jay,

I have read in the previous threads that some people needed to use a mallet to force boards into alignment. After milling the boards straight and square, do you still need to do this?

Also, I simply don't have wall space for this, or even any space to build a rack of some sort. I am thinking of using them as individual clamps similar to the regular parallel clamps (i.e., horizontally rather than vertically). Do you see any problems with this?

Thanks!

Hi Frank, I finally got mine set up about 3 months ago. I have the 5 clamp version and am thinking about adding another section.The first time I used it, I wasnt impressed. It is a little cumbersome and awkward, until you get used to it.

After using it for awhile I have really started to like it.It does produce flat glue ups and I spend a lot less time at the widebelt flatting everything up. It will not fix warped or twisted boards, but I consider it alot better than parallel clamps