PDA

View Full Version : Changing jobs

TYLER WOOD
12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Well, it's that time of life for me. I am moving companies. I have been here for over 9 years. Got tired of the boss, so I'm leaving. Only bad thing is this is where I got my time to post here. So if I don;t post as often as I used to, don't worry, I'm just actually working for a change. Thanks for listening. Ohh the new job is a pay cut, less benefits, more work and more responsibility. But the perk is better bosses and better company while working!:D

Scott Shepherd
12-17-2007, 12:04 PM
better bosses

Isn't that an oxymoron? :D

Best of luck in your new place. I did the same thing once before, left a very good company with excellent pay to help turn a small company around. Less pay, more hours, more headaches, but dang that was a blast. Learned more there any anywhere else I've ever worked because you had to figure it all out. No one else to ask :)

Good luck!

Todd Burch
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Good for you!!!

Todd

Lee Schierer
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I did the same thing last spring after 12 years with my former company. Couldn't handle the whims of the boss anymore. Only in my case the new job was the same pay superior benefits and a better boss.

Good luck in your new employ.

Jude Kingery
12-17-2007, 1:22 PM
Hey Tyler,

Wishing you the best in your job transition! My husband and I both did that at points in our careers, had great jobs for 12 and 20 respectively, and then when things are not what they should be or you don't enjoy what you're doing, it is very nice to be able to make a change. Even if it means less money, which it did in both of our cases at the time, but the change was well worth it. The intangible benefits far outweighed the money and it's fortunate to be able to afford making less. So again best to you in your new work endeavors! Merry Christmas! Jude

Chris Padilla
12-17-2007, 3:11 PM
Best wishes to you, Tyler! I hope it all works out for you. Money isn't everything. I like my company quite a bit and it is big enough to move within it when the job becomes boring or the boss isn't so great. I'm at 10+ years now...dang...didn't realize I've been here so long!!

Matt Meiser
12-17-2007, 3:45 PM
Best of luck. I changed jobs last spring after a total of 9 years with my last company (there was a 1-1/2 year break in the middle where I worked for a .com company.) The place had gone way downhill and after watching several of my friends get let go I decided it was time to leave. The money was the same, the benefits not quite as good, but I'm a lot happier at the new place (working from home is a big help there!)

Jim Becker
12-17-2007, 4:24 PM
Sometimes change can be good, even when there is some initial sacrifice. Best wishes on your new job!

Peter Stahl
12-17-2007, 9:33 PM
Good luck with your new job. I know how it feels when you have a boss you don't like. Makes it so you hate to get up in the morning.

Steve Schlumpf
12-17-2007, 9:46 PM
Best of luck to you Tyler! The change will be good for you! Less stress - happier Tyler!

Dennis Peacock
12-18-2007, 1:41 AM
Good Luck to ya Tyler!!!!!!

Some of us need to think about this for ourselves sometimes. :)

Bryan Berguson
12-18-2007, 7:40 AM
I hope it works out for you Tyler. I completely changed my career after 20 years a couple of years ago and have never been happier in my job. Sometimes you just have to take that "leap of faith"! :)

Bryan