PDA

View Full Version : Good customer service from Rockler

Jesse Cloud
12-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Boy was I surprised! Tried the 800 number several times and it was busy. Saw a button on the screen for chatting with a rep, so I gave it a try out of desperation.

A rep came on soon and hopefully solved my problem. At the end, the software offered to email a transcript of the chat - now thats exceptional, wouldn't get that from a phone call.

Good service Rockler!

Ron Jones near Indy
12-17-2007, 6:39 PM
My big 3 for woodworking, Rockler, Lee Valley, and Woodcraft all give excellent customer service.:D:D

Thomas Canfield
12-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Here's another plug for Rockler. I had tried to order some of the sale merchandise by number from a mailer last night, and could not get the price to show right doing the order online. I called today and talked to one of the regular Rockler sales personnel and got the prices that the off hour sales personnel could not get or said they were "in store" only. They have always come through, and it is about 95 miles to the closest retail store. I do recommend doing a telephone order or confirmation when the pricing will not come up correct.

I will say that in general my catalog business service experience has been pretty good, but then you only have problems with those you deal with. Those that take care of the problems are the ones that you go back to in spite of the problem because you know the problems will be addressed.

Jason Hanko
12-27-2008, 11:27 AM
So I called Rockler Customer Service last night and got.....
A REAL PERSON! :eek:
As in right away. No computer menus. No press 7 for swahili. No nothing. Except a real woman. Answering the phone. On the second ring.
I was actually a little shocked - I thought I had dialed wrong and got somebody's home phone.
But Wendy listened to my issue (stupid credit card gift cards...those things NEVER work right...) and said there shouldn't be an issue.
And then, half an hour later, she called back. The same person. To let me know that it was all worked out and everything would be fine.
Huh.