PDA

View Full Version : With all the new mustard that's been delivered recently......

Ken Fitzgerald
12-16-2007, 11:00 PM
we ought to start a "SMC Mustard Club"...........

Could we could let Andy join as a honorary member if he'd paint Janeene the right color?:confused::eek::rolleyes::D

Barry Stratton
12-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Could we could let Andy join as a honorary member if he'd paint Janeene the right color?:confused::eek::rolleyes::D

Nope.:rolleyes::D

Andy Hoyt
12-17-2007, 9:07 AM
I vote in the negative. :D

Don Orr
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
...the Mustard's little brother Mayo Light (Jet 1642). Can we join too ??? Please??? None of them Big Mayo's though.:D They just look funny.:eek:

Rich Souchek
12-17-2007, 8:19 PM
Ken,
Can't do the mustard club, :o for think how bad and discriminated against the few non-Mustard people would feel. :p
We really don't descriminate against them, but the huge smile :) we have from turning on a POWERMATIC makes them suspecious and easy prey to blame others for their not having Mustard fun.
They have an illness, and should be treated kindly ;) , like one would a sick friend. :D
Rich S.

Bill Stevener
12-17-2007, 8:37 PM
Ken,
Can't do the mustard club, :o for think how bad and discriminated against the few non-Mustard people would feel. :p
We really don't descriminate against them, but the huge smile :) we have from turning on a POWERMATIC makes them suspecious and easy prey to blame others for their not having Mustard fun.
They have an illness, and should be treated kindly ;) , like one would a sick friend. :D
Rich S.

I think there is one thing everyone should remember.

It's not the lathe that makes the turner.

AND IT NEVER WILL BE!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/nicebill/turner.jpg

Pat Doble
12-17-2007, 9:32 PM
I think there may be a part of Andy's family history he's avoiding. I ran across this picture while perusing the wonders of the www and all that is mustard. :eek: I don't know how he can deny it's a not a relative ;)

And if we can't get a club together here, at least we already have a day to celebrate. 77378

Andy Hoyt
12-17-2007, 9:47 PM
Umm. Pat. Funny you should post that pic.

My father, Bill Hoyt, is formally called Coleman W. Hoyt.

I'll be passing your input on to him. But know that he's a devout spring poler, for which he uses only the finest holly (aka whitewood) as his drive mechanism so I'm pretty sure even he would chose wisely and go mayo.

Curt Fuller
12-17-2007, 9:57 PM
About the only reason I can come up with for all this mustard mania (heavy on the mania) is that Olivers are getting so hard to come by.

Besides, Mustard is yellow, the only other thing I can think of that is that gawdawful Powermatic color is baby p**p.:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I think there is one thing everyone should remember.

It's not the lathe that makes the turner.

AND IT NEVER WILL BE!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/nicebill/turner.jpg

Bill,

Nobody in their right mind can argue your point. That being said,.....I started this thread just to harrass a certain Moxie drinking, Oneway driving guy from Maine.......There was no serious intent of any kind.....

Raymond Overman
12-18-2007, 8:23 AM
<sarcasm ahead>

I feel that it is time we all stood up as brothers and sisters in a united front rather than continuing this elitist rhetoric. In this day and age of diversity it is important that tolerance preserver over prejudice and that all people, regardless of lathe color or motor horsepower or pocket book size, should be considered worthy of the brotherhood of turning freedoms. It is a God given right that we are allowed to turn and by his grace and mercy we shall overcome this oppression.

Too long has the Mustard Regime shouted their fascist propaganda against the Mayo Coalition. Too long have they been allowed to divide the great brotherhood of turning. It is time we all make a pledge to stand together, to fight for this freedom, and show the humanity and compassion for our fellow turners as a single force.

By accepting our fellow turners regardless of the size or color of their lathe, we can strengthen our numbers, provide a safe and prosperous place for wood turning education, exhibition, and demonstration and make this community strong. This is a call to every turner to speak up, to cross the divide and meet your brothers and sisters whose lathe is different than yours. Accept them through their work as a turner, not the lathe that they own. This is a call for a United Woodturning Nation!

Disclaimer: All elitist rhetoric against flat workers and Andy can and should continue. None of this applies to them. All rights reserved. Not applicable in California or New Jersey. The views expressed here are that of the author and does not necessarily reflect those of SMC or the Turning Forum. This post may not be reproduced in part or in entirety without direct written permission from Major League Baseball. All rights reserved.:eek:

<end sarcasm>