PDA

View Full Version : DGC i-Socket 110M vacuum/DC activator blew

Charles Wiggins
12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Has anyone else had this problem?

I bought two DGC i-Socket 110Ms (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17351) from Rockler a couple of weeks ago and one has apparently already blown. I was using it with a 12 amp PC router and my Ridgid vacuum, which I presume is also 12 amps. They say it's rated for use with up to 15 amps. There doesn't seem to be a reset. I emailed Rockler about a replacement Friday night, but no response as yet. Or should I just send them both back and get something else? Does anyone else make something similar?

glenn bradley
12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I've run one with the large Ridgid vac and various sanders, etc. for many months without issue. Defective maybe? I plan to grab another one when they go on sale again. Craftsman makes a similar device that others here have used for years.

Charles Wiggins
12-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I've run one with the large Ridgid vac and various sanders, etc. for many months without issue. Defective maybe? I plan to grab another one when they go on sale again. Craftsman makes a similar device that others here have used for years.

Thanks for the quick reply Glenn.

I also forgot to add that the 'Tool' socket still works, it just no longer activates the 'Vac' socket. I was routing (as I had been intermittently for half an hour) and when I shut the router off there was a loud 'pop' from the i-Socket like a fuse popping and the vacuum no longer worked. It works fine, however, if I plug it directly into an outlet, so I know it's not the vacuum.