PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser not receiving print job

Pat Dowdel
12-16-2007, 9:03 PM
Help! I don't use the laser much (every 2-3 weeks) and out of no-where...When I send a file to the laser...nothing! There is no indication the the data is received by the laser, no blinking red light and the display remains " JOB: ". I eventually get a "Failed to Print" error pop up.

I have an Epilog Mini 24/45w (18 months old) running Windows XP/Corel X3/TCP/IP Network Connection with no other hardware hooked up to it. I reloaded the drivers, tested the cables and computer with a printer and all seemed to work fine.

I am at a lost. I've sent an email to Epilog but receive an out of office reply. I will call but unfortunately I think I will have to take vacation time to be home to troubleshoot and was hoping somewhere here might have a few ideas before it comes to that.

Thanks and happy holidays to all
Patty

Joe Pelonio
12-16-2007, 9:34 PM
The only thing that comes to mind is the IP address in the laser might have gotten lost, and need to be set up again. On mine it's the setup menu on the little LED screen.

Ed Maloney
12-16-2007, 9:39 PM
Joe - Don't you ever go to sleep? :)

Joe Pelonio
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Sure, 10pm-4am PST usually.

Eric Allen
12-17-2007, 1:20 AM
You might try opening a DOS window and typing IPCONFIG /ALL

Don't forget the space after IPCONFIG. That will show you what the computer sees as linked. I have the same problem on occasion with mine that's hooked to the USB, but it's not as easy to troubleshoot. All my router points are used up, so I've just got to stick with USB:)

Frank Corker
12-17-2007, 8:00 AM
Sure, 10pm-4am PST usually.

I knew you were strange, but having said that, I'm usually 4am - 11am.

Pat,
I had the same problems with mine, I uninstalled the printer, re-downloaded from the Epilog website and re-installed. That was whilst I was using the USB connection. I've changed over to Ethernet now and I have yet to have an error.

Peck Sidara
12-17-2007, 9:36 AM
Patty,

I'm currently looking into why you're getting an "out of office" response. Our tech support team's in and ready to assist. Please give them a call at 303.215.9171.

What likely happened is the IP address for your PC has changed or the IP address of the laser has changed.

Call tech support, it's likely a configuration issue.

Larry Bratton
12-17-2007, 7:31 PM
I have a Windows XP wireless network setup here. I have one desktop computer connected to the laser via USB. I set the Epilog as a shared printer off that computer and I print to it from any where I can connect to the wireless network with my laptop. The laser is located in another building and many times, I design something I want to laser, I call down, have the material put in the machine, and then send the file to it. My help is communicating via our phone system and then runs the file. Lazy huh?
But it works like a top. (now I'll go back to sleep zzzzzzzz):D

Chris Stites
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I have an Epilog Mini 24/45w (18 months old) running Windows XP/Corel X3/TCP/IP Network Connection

Are you using a new network cable? The cable that comes with the laser is a crossover network cable. You might want to check it out 'cause a standard CAT5 cable isn't what you want.

Roy Brewer
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
...When I send a file to the laser...nothing! Patty,
For some reason, not known to me, XP will put your printer Offline. First you probably need to clean out your print queue and while there, click on the File menu and see if there is a checkmark beside Use Printer Offline.
BTW, possibly just cleaning out your print queue might get you back up and running.

Pat Dowdel
12-22-2007, 7:48 PM
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I can not identify one thing that I fixed. I changed the cable, reloaded the print drivers and removed Norton and installed McAfee (provided free with comcast) and it worked.

After speaking with Epilog Tech Support, they did call me :D He stated that anti virus software can interfere with the laser. Since it was not the cable I would say the virus software was the culprit.

Merry Christmas All
Patty