PDA

View Full Version : Coins as gift certificates

Peter Boyford
12-16-2007, 8:49 AM
I just made about 120 coins to send to my customers. Everybody gets a rebate in 2008 (symbolic amount, only about $10). This coins serves as

*a christmas "present"
*an engraving demo
*a gimmick

The coins can also be used a gift certificate - offer this possibility to your costumers. They can have different amounts engraved ($5, $10, $20) and sell these to their customers.

The coins are made of 3mm acrylic with a gold polyester backing. The circumference is circular with "hoops" on the edge - just like a real coin :)

The attached picture is very bad - taken with my cell phone. I'll see if I can come around and take a better picture. Until then, I hope you like the idea :)

Best
Peter

Ron Thompson
12-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Peter,

What a great idea. Please let us see a better picture or even post the Corel file.

I'd love to make some of these.

Ron in California

Peter Boyford
12-16-2007, 2:41 PM
The Corel-file is actually pretty staright forward. Just put some text around a circle and center some stuff.. The most tricky part is to make the ripples on the edge. To do that, I made a "sprayer" of a circle and made another circle using that sprayer. Play with settings until you get a good shape and let Corel trace the circumference.

You can have the file, I you want, though. It's pretty danish :)

Alan Young
12-16-2007, 5:53 PM
Nice Coin. You might try the Blend tool to make the scallop edges. Just draw a circle then blend smaller circles along the path. Then add or subtract circles until you have the edges like you want, then contour around it.

Corel just has may ways to do the same job. Just a thought

Alan