PDA

View Full Version : When in Berea Kentucky...

ROBERT ELLIS
12-15-2007, 9:43 PM
You might want to put this shop on your list of places to visit haleydaniels.com. The name of his store is Heirlooms located in the "old town" part of Berea. I have visited his shop over the last few years at least a half a dozen times (always picking his brain and probably close to wearing out my welcome). He IMHO has the highest quality, best looking finished furniture I've ever seen. While I was there today I gazed at an $18,000.00 dining table and chairs he and his brother made. They are both friendly and will stop and talk awhile.

Anyway as often is the case with professional woodworkers they seem to migrate later in their careers to start teaching courses and as it turns out so are they. Those interested might want to check out his website for details on upcoming courses next year.

BTW this is a unsolicited plug for his business which I asked him if he would mind me putting the word out to the folks at Sawmill Creek and having read several post of creekers that have taken courses I thought there might be some of you interested.

For what it's worth...

Robert

Jim Eller
12-16-2007, 10:36 AM
And here's another nice fella in Berea http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/index.asp

Joe Meazle
12-16-2007, 11:01 AM
You can't thow a rock in Berea KY without hitting a woodworker. It will most likey be a very accopmplishied one at that. I love that little town.

Bob Stegemann
12-22-2007, 4:42 PM
Warren May has a store right on the square with some great furniture and is always willing to chat. Brian Boggs also has a shop in Old Town about a block away from the Haley's; I second that they make some great furniture. My wife has a rocker of theirs.

Checkout the Artisan Center just off I-75 at Route 395 (Sorry do not recall the exit #)
Enjoy the visit!