PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 10" jointer/planer

Kevin Groenke
12-15-2007, 8:09 PM
If got a line on on '80's Dewalt 10" j/p. I think I found reference to the machine, but I'm looking for more info. At this point all I've got is the pics, I imagine a model # would yield some more info.

Anybody know anything about this thing?

kg

Dewalt does make a very nice little Jointer planer combination machine that is only available in Europe. I believe that it is 10" capacity sort of set up like the Inca. Actually seems to be a very solid machine. Something about the safety guard does not allow it to be marketed in the U.S.

Dave Sabo
12-16-2007, 3:17 PM
Mabey it's a rebadged Electra Beckem?

I don't think the saftey guards have anything to do with it. More likely economics. Americans don't like combos, Inca is long gone, UL aproval is $$$$$, can't really reecoup it on 100 units a year. It also doesn't fit in with Dewalt's image here. Marketing guys don't like Green aluminum for the jobsite. Yellow plastic my man is where it's at. It's also small and Americans like big arn and long jointer beds. Doesn't make this a bad machine , just not going to light up the bottom line of the balance sheet.