PDA

View Full Version : Ipod with video

Craig D Peltier
12-15-2007, 8:00 PM
Anyone have one here? I have the classic IPod 40 gig no video, old and it doesnt work. Im thinking of going tommorrow to get a new ipod. I want to be able to hold say 1000 songs an enough video to be able to hold say 5 hours worth.
Anybody here able to let me know which one I should get.I was on there site already.
Nano is 16gb max, is this big enough? (to me it sounds like it is fo rwhat im looking for)
Then theres the 80 ipod classic and then the ipod touch screens that the price is a little steep for 8gigs and a wifi transmitter.

Thanks

PS I have a new 30 gig zune in the box but has been opened by me but never installed. You ask why? Oh because I have a 2 yr old computer with xp media center edition 2002 in it and it doesnt support that. So what dose Zune Support tell me what I can od? They say pay for an upgrade of your xp. I said nah, no thanks it works great I will go buy an Ipod and return the zune. He said you can voice your opinion about it on the forum but you have to sign up. What Bull! Cant believe they even put it out like this. Anywasy im selling it for $15o its usually 199 plus tax if anyone interested.

Matt Meiser
12-15-2007, 8:11 PM
I've had a 40 gig video one for about 1.5 years and I love it. However, I've watched exactly 1 video on it--an episode of The Office that Tivo missed. Mine is about 40% full so I guess that would be about 16 gb. I have every CD we own, plus some music I bought through iTunes on there. We don't have as big a music collection as many, and I think the 40 is more than enough for me. My wife just got a 4 gig Nano and will have to be selective about what to put on there.

I used to use my iPod every day when I worked in an office. Now that I work from home I use it about 1/2 the time--some days I have the radio on or just leave it quiet which never happened in the office. I use it a lot travelling too--pretty much as soon as they say I can on a plane until they say to put it away. Helps drown out the noise there (which means I sleep more, actually.) I use it in my truck when driving on trips too--since I got an adapter that interfaces it to the factory radio it sounds great.

Todd Burch
12-16-2007, 4:53 PM
I have an iPod w/ Video. Got it for $50 from Apple with I bought my 2nd Mac - a Macbook. It was a student back-to-school promotion last summer and my wife works for a school district. :D

I don't use it a lot, but I have ripped several DVDs and installed them. I'm on a Mac, and use Handbrake (free) to rip them. Takes about 30 minutes or less to rip a full DVD to iPod resolution.

I also sprang for a Pelican case for it. Work's great.

Todd

Craig D Peltier
12-16-2007, 7:16 PM
I got the 80 gig classic for 249. They gave me 10% off for turning in old one (that didint work).

Larry Bratton
12-16-2007, 8:30 PM
Anyone have one here? I have the classic IPod 40 gig no video, old and it doesnt work. Im thinking of going tommorrow to get a new ipod. I want to be able to hold say 1000 songs an enough video to be able to hold say 5 hours worth.
Anybody here able to let me know which one I should get.I was on there site already.
Nano is 16gb max, is this big enough? (to me it sounds like it is fo rwhat im looking for)
Then theres the 80 ipod classic and then the ipod touch screens that the price is a little steep for 8gigs and a wifi transmitter.

Thanks

PS I have a new 30 gig zune in the box but has been opened by me but never installed. You ask why? Oh because I have a 2 yr old computer with xp media center edition 2002 in it and it doesnt support that. So what dose Zune Support tell me what I can od? They say pay for an upgrade of your xp. I said nah, no thanks it works great I will go buy an Ipod and return the zune. He said you can voice your opinion about it on the forum but you have to sign up. What Bull! Cant believe they even put it out like this. Anywasy im selling it for $15o its usually 199 plus tax if anyone interested.
I got a 160gb. However, I got it with AmEx points I accumulated via my other business. I think the thing is about $350 bucks at the store, but I like it a lot. I doubt I need that much storage but..it was free (more or less) so why not? I have about 500 songs on it and several videos. It works fine. Only thing I don't like are the ear phones. I bought some others made by Bose, but the little things that slip on the ear pieces won't stay on and that aggravates me. The ones that came with the Ipod sound OK but their uncomfortable to me. I'm looking for something better but haven't found them yet.

Craig D Peltier
12-17-2007, 1:06 AM
I got a 160gb. However, I got it with AmEx points I accumulated via my other business. I think the thing is about $350 bucks at the store, but I like it a lot. I doubt I need that much storage but..it was free (more or less) so why not? I have about 500 songs on it and several videos. It works fine. Only thing I don't like are the ear phones. I bought some others made by Bose, but the little things that slip on the ear pieces won't stay on and that aggravates me. The ones that came with the Ipod sound OK but their uncomfortable to me. I'm looking for something better but haven't found them yet.

Bose noise cancelling ones are amazing their the big cup kind. This link may help you decide http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=160519