PDA

View Full Version : North East Area- be prepared ~

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 4:25 PM
There is some seriously bad weather coming in - winter storm- just took this pic from the weather channel - big white blob and it isn't white sunshine coming our way.

this was the warring at 4:00pm:
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY.

just make sure you get out and get what you need before it comes- could get nasty out there very cold with the windchill- currently 5 degrees Fahrenheit.:eek:

Andy Hoyt
12-15-2007, 4:30 PM
Bring it on! :D

Glenn Clabo
12-15-2007, 4:37 PM
Ah yes...winter...it's just wonderful. If it's snowin' I ain't goin'!...no where that's so important that I HAVE to go. As birthday boy says...Bring it on.

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 4:39 PM
I'll be sure to pray for your request as stated-:p I like the new look on your avatar Andy- you look great!

the sky is black- and mean black- it was a little windy then it stopped when this black looking front started to come in- and now it's starting to pick up on the winds- I have to go to Xmas company party tonight - oh what fun it is to ride,,,,,,,,la,la,la,,,la, you get the picture-:eek: Not!
Stay warm A ~:)
Brian

ps: i'l get that form to you soon- didn't forget. thank you!

Jim King
12-15-2007, 4:39 PM
I am jealous.

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 4:45 PM
Ah yes...winter...it's just wonderful. If it's snowin' I ain't goin'!...no where that's so important that I HAVE to go. As birthday boy says...Bring it on.

well, unfortunatly Glenn- I HAVE TO GO OUT:eek:
enjoy the storm from your nice warm abode- - I'll be the one with the snotstickles hanging from my face-while I'm pushing my girlfreinds car all over western NY! oh yea~what fun it will be -,,,,,,, serenity, now,,,,,, serenity now.
Brain

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 4:56 PM
I am jealous.

I can understand why you miss it Jim- but one step out the door and that 5 degree cold wind hits you-- the word "jealous" may go write out the door - trust me- you don't want this kind of snow. I was in every blizzard we had and in my opinion the worst was the blizzard of 77 - that made headline news - there were suburbs around Buffalo that had snow up to the peak of the roof-cars buried- well- picture this- here's a little taste of what we were dealing with back in 1977- when your shovling snow just to find your car - or you can touch the signal light in the middle of the street ~ you know it's bad- you really want this Jim????
Brian

Ken Fitzgerald
12-15-2007, 5:00 PM
Gee..........You folks finally getting some white? We started getting it right after Thanksgiving......Today it's in the high 30's and it's almost gone......It's just snow....white ......cold......slippery......slow down.....leave yourself an out when you are driving......

This is Ken in Idaho......looking down.....shaking his head....thinking..."I'm sure glad I've had my studded snow tires on for a couple of weeks now....:D

Andy Hoyt
12-15-2007, 5:03 PM
Brian - while all that snow back in 77 sure caused "issues" in your neck of the woods; I continue to be impressed by the bang for her buck Mother Nature derives by dumping a full 1/2" on, oh say, South Carolina.

Jim Becker
12-15-2007, 5:03 PM
We're pretty much only going to end up with a lot of rain here, even if there is a little white/blue here overnight. I was actually just looking at the forecast before checking in on SMC.

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 5:06 PM
How are you doing by the way Ken, No ~ we had some just 4-5 inches here and there- but what worries us here on the other side of NY is the lakes- it can change so fast and become so inundated with snow and wind that you can't see your hands in front of your face- weather we get this or not - who knows- but if you saw how black the sky has become as it moves in- reminds me of 77 - of all nights I have to go out - the cold and the snow doesn't bother me - it's that with the wind that gets a little hairy.
Brian

Glenn Clabo
12-15-2007, 5:10 PM
Put it in a balloon Brian...Put in a balloon and let it go...:eek:

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 5:13 PM
it is freezing here, and I mean freezing- not complaining I love NY and i will never move- I love the city life- but this time of year - you never know what's going to happen being 1 mile off of the lake - that's what can start these storms to become more energized - and the rest is history.
I can say one thing- My wallet depletion machine is functioning very well and will be working overtime this weekend- speak of the devil ,guess what turned on-----again! - I just keep hearing this load sucking noise coming from my back pocket- I wonder what that is???? hey- you have to have a sense of humor- :)

Glenn Clabo
12-15-2007, 5:15 PM
Hows this? Breezy is relative, eh?
Tonight: Periods of snow and sleet, mainly after 3am. Low around 25. Breezy, with a west wind between 23 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 67 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 5:20 PM
could you do me a favor , would you be my freind and can I come over and have what ever it is that your are taking :D LOL

i wish I could, I wish I could fill those baloons up - you know where they would go- open your front door Glenn! -LOL
seriously ~ You guys west of me are in for some fun- let me tell you. " oh what fun it is to ride-------oh - lets not and say we did-:D
Brian

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 5:24 PM
It's coming glen- I'm getting my baloons ready so be prepared Glenn-:eek:
Brian:p-LOL

Gary Keedwell
12-15-2007, 6:07 PM
It's coming glen- I'm getting my baloons ready so be prepared Glenn-:eek:
Brian:p-LOL
I'm watching the weather channel right now. Looks like alot of white stuff where you are Bri.....Looks like alot of rain for us...Gonna be wet and slippery for the Patriots vs Jets game. Glad I don't have tickets for this one.:p
Gary

Matt Meiser
12-15-2007, 7:02 PM
Its just starting here. We are supposed to get 3-7 by morning, and another 3-7 Sunday according to the NWS forecast and 8-12 total according to the winter storm warning. That coupled with 20-30MPH winds.

Kevin French
12-15-2007, 7:07 PM
Just picked up a rescued Chocolate Lab this afternoon that came up from Houston. Come tomorrow he may be looking for a ride but down there.

David G Baker
12-15-2007, 7:13 PM
I don't know the wind speed prediction but we are scheduled to get between 6"-12" of snow and I have around 12" sitting on my lawn right now. The temp hasn't been above the mid to high 20's today and was in the neighborhood of 0* last night. Don't know if a storm warning is in place yet or not.
The snow thrower is gassed up and the generator is ready, not sure that I am.

Craig D Peltier
12-15-2007, 7:49 PM
I'm watching the weather channel right now. Looks like alot of white stuff where you are Bri.....Looks like alot of rain for us...Gonna be wet and slippery for the Patriots vs Jets game. Glad I don't have tickets for this one.:p
Gary

Gary what town you live in. I lived in Fairhaven for most of my life.

Dave Dionne
12-15-2007, 11:51 PM
In my part of NH they are saying 5-10" eal quick tomorrow then sleet, freezing rain then maybe some rain then everything is going to flash freeze.

Gonna be fun, tweaked the snow blower thie morning, sprayed Pam in the snow shoot to keep it from bogging down, my wife has baked beans in the crock pot already, now as long as we don't lose power for the Patriots game!

At least I don't have to drive in it this time, Thursday storm had my 1 hour drive turned into 3and 1/2 hours.

Everybody stay warm and be carful getting rid of this next heavy snow

Tim Morton
12-16-2007, 6:01 AM
woke up early here in vermont and we only got about 2 inches and its just flurries now...:rolleyes:

Glenn Clabo
12-16-2007, 6:52 AM
A few inches here...changing to sleet/rain...:mad: I wish it would just snow!

Tim Morton
12-16-2007, 7:33 AM
update: Its now snowing pretty hard here...we had an hour or so of freezing rain and now it sounds like its all snow....just made a pot of meatballs and sausage and settling in to watch 6 hours of NFL hype before "the game".:D

Bryan Berguson
12-16-2007, 8:47 AM
We were supposed to get 3-6 overnight and it looks we got about 1.5, maybe 1 9/16ths but I haven't actually measured yet. I'll be sure to measure twice though before I shovel! :D At least it's happening on a weekend. Not as many people have to travel on a Sunday.

Weather station is still predicting another 3-6 today from the Nor'Easter. We shall see... I'm just hoping for a white Christmas for the kids sake.

Bryan

David G Baker
12-16-2007, 9:55 AM
In about 45 minutes I will be out snow throwing between 8"-12" of the white stuff. If the temp stays low I will be okay but if it gets up above freezing I'll be hurting. 300 foot drive way and approximately 30 foot turn around. The snow mobile folks are loving it.

Jim Becker
12-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Wet, wet...wet...did I happen to mention, wet? Funny thing is, I've been telling my contractor that the new gutters need to go up so the rain will stop. They are still not installed... ;)

Brian Weick
12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
A few inches here...changing to sleet/rain...:mad: I wish it would just snow!

stuffing those balloons you requested wright this very moment Glenn- now whats your Zip code? it is coming down here and starting to go sideways --hmmmm- you really want this stuff Glenn- ? stay warm-:)
Brian

Brian Weick
12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Gary

Gar,
you never know with this stuff- if it is rain/slush - that's worse out on the field to me- more slippery I wold think- It's coming down and going sideways at times and the winds are picking up-winter storms are interesting to be in as long as you don't have to go anywhere. enjoy the game gar- we'll be talking-:)
Brian

Brian Weick
12-16-2007, 11:16 AM
There is some seriously bad weather coming in - winter storm- just took this pic from the weather channel - big white blob and it isn't white sunshine coming our way.

this was the warring at 4:00pm:
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY.

just make sure you get out and get what you need before it comes- could get nasty out there very cold with the windchill- currently 5 degrees Fahrenheit.:eek:

this is the new scope of things where I am- you can see the split from snow to ice/rain mixture - what say you?
Brian

Andy Hoyt
12-16-2007, 3:14 PM
I'm guessing maybe 8" but it's so darn windy that I can't be sure. 1" in just the last 30 minutes though, and that's for sure.

Here's the latest from the Bangor TV station website.

Hey Fred LeBail. Look out bub, It's coming your way!

David G Baker
12-16-2007, 3:21 PM
We ended up with between 6"-8" of fine dry powder that is blowing around and drifting like crazy. The Sun came out from behind the clouds and it is now clear and bright with a temp of around 25*. Heard that further South in Michigan they are getting freezing rain and sleet.
From looking at the posted weather pictures, it looks like the storm is done with my area for a while.

Matt Meiser
12-16-2007, 3:50 PM
Its done here. I just came in from plowing the driveway. I have no idea how much we got because it is blowing around so much. I have 2' drifts and places where I can see grass. We did get a little freezing rain at some point but its not too bad. No idea what the roads are like though.

Dave Anderson NH
12-16-2007, 5:29 PM
Mostly done here in southern NH. We got 10-11" and now it is spitting very very lightly some icy pellets.

Glenn Clabo
12-16-2007, 5:41 PM
4-5 inches of slush...all the street drains are plugged so it's going to be an interesting drive into work in the morning. Sing along with me...
Slip sliding away,
slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination,
the more you're slip sliding away....