PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer Splitter for Jet Left Tilt?

Scott Welliver
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Anyone have a source that might have a Biesemeyer Splitter IN STOCK? (#78-453, for Jet JTAS10 Left Tilt).

About 6 weeks ago, I placed an order for one with Mike's Tools. He is still trying, but so far hasn't been able to get one for me. Apparently since Delta bought Biesemeyer it has been really difficult to get stock on many Bies items.

I'm starting to get worried because I also ordered a Shark Guard from Lee Styron, due to ship any day now, made to fit the Bies Splitter mount. My plan was to be able to easily switch between the Bies splitter and the Shark Guard. Now I'm concerned I will get the Shark Guard and have no way to mount it since I cannot get the Bies splitter & mount.

I've scoured the web but haven't found another source. Seems like someone, somewhere would have a Bies 78-453 sitting on their shelf ready to sell! Any ideas?

Alan Lilly
01-21-2008, 2:06 AM
Did you find a source?
I too am looking for a Biesemeyer splitter for my jet left tilt.

Chris Rosenberger
01-21-2008, 7:34 AM
The 78-473 splitter is listed on Delta's website.

http://www.deltaportercable.com/Products/AccessoriesDetail.aspx?ProductID=13634

Try Mikestools.com

http://www.mikestools.com/B78-453-Biesemeyer-Jet-JTAS-10-Left-Tilt-Table-Saw-Spitter.aspx

Jim Becker
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Scott, Delta purchased Biesemeyer "eons" ago. The snap-in splitters for many saws have always been difficult to source and I suspect that it's harder now that the Biesemeyer "organization" lost it's continuing separate identity since the B&D purchase of Delta a few years ago. Unfortunately, Mike's Tools is about the only thing that comes up on a Google search for the product...

glenn bradley
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I have gotten pleasantly surprised every now and then by contacting Delta's customer service folks.

Dave Falkenstein
01-21-2008, 2:48 PM
I bought mine from Woodworker's Source in Phoenix a few years ago. They say they can get them. Give them a try at (602) 504-1931.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2008, 5:52 PM
We have a large woodworking dealer here in Cincinnati. It’s been a few years but when I purchased my Jet saw they had them in stock. They sell everything from home shop to industrial equipment. The reps are in the store a few times a week. If anyone can get it they can. The guys that work there have been with them for years and years. Give them a call.

http://www.muellerco.com/default.asp

Scott Welliver
01-21-2008, 6:12 PM
Wow, lots of responses today -- where were you guys when I needed you back on 12/15?!?? :) Just kidding!

Bies (or Delta) did finally start shipping these in late December, and I received mine from Mike's Tools on 1/3/2008.

Took about an hour of trial-n-error to get it lined up perfectly, but with that done I must say it is REALLY convenient! Pops right out and right back in again, perfectly aligned every time. It definitely is pricey, but I'm glad I bought it.

...Scott

Scott Welliver
01-21-2008, 6:36 PM
Scott, Delta purchased Biesemeyer "eons" ago. The snap-in splitters for many saws have always been difficult to source and I suspect that it's harder now that the Biesemeyer "organization" lost it's continuing separate identity since the B&D purchase of Delta a few years ago.

Jim -- Understood, but apparently it got a lot worse this fall/winter with the Bies splitters. When I corresponded with Delta directly about the delay, I was told that some of the Bies production lines had been temporarily shut down so they could move them to another state and that resulted in running out of stock.

They got things up & running again, and the back orders have started to be filled. I ordered mine on 10/6, Mike's Tools finally received it in late December and I got it in hand on 1/3. I know there is at least one other thread here on SC about someone recently receiving one for their PM.

I really like the splitter. Very convenient and quick to snap in/out! In the past, whenever I took OEM guard/splitter off to do a dado, it would just stay off for days -- because it was such a pain to put back on (and because I am so lazy :o).

Jim Becker
01-21-2008, 9:02 PM
Yea, that splitter is great. I enjoyed having it on my LT Jet when I had that machine in the shop. Do note that you will need to occasionally clean the receiver out to insure that in/out remains smooth and easy. It can easily get gunked up over time.