PDA

View Full Version : A couple of project pictures

Charlie Schultz
12-14-2007, 1:12 PM
A couple pictures (I hope) of table & clavichord. The first is the table (cherry w/shellac finish). Aesthetically, I think the legs could have been a bit thinner/more elegant? The second is what the table was made for- a clavichord (a kit I picked up second hand). It too is cherry, finished with Qualasole.

Charles Wiggins
12-14-2007, 1:19 PM
A couple pictures (I hope) of table & clavichord. The first is the table (cherry w/shellac finish). Aesthetically, I think the legs could have been a bit thinner/more elegant? The second is what the table was made for- a clavichord (a kit I picked up second hand). It too is cherry, finished with Qualasole.

Gorgeous! I think the weight of the legs is fine. So you built the clavichord too? Did the kit include just the guts? Keys? Very nice stuff.

John Thompson
12-14-2007, 1:43 PM
Nice Charley... very nice. Perhaps a builder of period pieces could comment about the legs being thinner... but I don't see the problem.

Sarge..

Charlie Schultz
12-14-2007, 1:47 PM
Charles,
Yes, I built the clavichord too. The original kit included the guts (keys, etc) and case- a few pieces were lost by the time I got it.

Jim Becker
12-14-2007, 2:47 PM
Beautiful pieces, Charlie!! Outstanding!

Lee Schierer
12-14-2007, 3:00 PM
Nice work. I love the cherry. I have to admit I'm not a fan of sap wood in table surfaces and wouldn't have used it if they were mine, but the rest of the work looks great from my seat.... The legs look okay too. Too hin mike make the table wobbly when playing.

Brian Lindenlaub
12-14-2007, 3:01 PM
Charlie, I think your legs look great. Your clavichord's legs, that is.

Norman Pyles
12-14-2007, 3:52 PM
Good looking tables, and the legs look fine.

Victor Stearns
12-14-2007, 7:42 PM
Very Nice, I especially like the legs as they are!