PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
12-14-2007, 6:54 AM
Friday December 14th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

Indeed it is. We've got about 17 inches of snow with some more predicted for next week and Christmas day. It's also cold, so the snow we have isn't going anywhere.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze201j5/countdown.htm Getting near crunch time for those of you who procrastinate, like me. :o

I've been able to get some things done in the shop, even in this cold. I'm going to try and finish the hanging nick knack cabinet. Then it's start the layout for the area above the stove to hide the vent.

So what's happening in your neck of the woods? Whatever it may be, I hope it's enjoyable and SAFE.

Karl

Jack Ganssle
12-14-2007, 7:01 AM
After 6 months of nearly continuous travel, as of last night I'm back for at least a few weeks so this weekend can't wait to... well, install wireless routers in my parent's house, go to PA for a b-day party, do some honey-dos, etc... But, after that, hopefully some real shop time! The one kicker: I put my new lathe in #2 son's bedroom (which is adjacent to the shop in the basement) as the shop is full. He doesn't know about it, and is coming back from college this week for the holidays.

I was in Seattle on biz this week and stopped at a Rockler for the first time. What a candy store! Got some great turning blanks.

Jack

alex grams
12-14-2007, 7:46 AM
Working Saturday, but I am going to finish some christmas gift cutting boards, and then do some tilework for the backsplash in our kitchen (we just got new granite countertops this week, so the wife is itching for the backsplash to be finished.

Beyond that, not much, maybe finish some utility room cabinets and doors if i have time (but i never seem to).

Chris Foley
12-14-2007, 7:53 AM
Well, I am picking up my Unisaw today. :D Now if I can just find a place to use it, I will be all set!

Al Willits
12-14-2007, 8:19 AM
Sat morning a creeker visit with Dave down in Rochester, then back home to take care of some stuff (per Beasty), then off to buy whatevers needed to make X-mas cookies and krum kaka. (sp?)
Bit of X-mas gift shopping and hopefully get enough done so I can spend some time in the garage on the wife's TV stand late Sat or Sunday.

Al

Matt Meiser
12-14-2007, 8:24 AM
Tonight, dinner for my B-Day, not sure where. Doing some design work for my parents' bathroom remodel and maybe taking my dad shopping for supplies. Also spending some time with my new toy--got the Gramercy dovetail saw yesterday.

Steven Herbin
12-14-2007, 8:35 AM
Hey Matt-

You and I will be doing something in common. My Gramercy came last night. I can't wait to test drive it.

--Steve.

Sean Troy
12-14-2007, 8:37 AM
Tonight, dinner for my B-Day, not sure where. Doing some design work for my parents' bathroom remodel and maybe taking my dad shopping for supplies. Also spending some time with my new toy--got the Gramercy dovetail saw yesterday.

Happy Birthday Matt !

Thomas Knighton
12-14-2007, 8:44 AM
This weekend, I'm going to try yet again to get the insulation up into the attic. Hopefully this time, I will not end up injured!

Tom

Jim Becker
12-14-2007, 9:32 AM
I indeed plan on being in the shop this weekend, even though I also have the YMCA run for karate and swimming. It's been several weeks due to my business travel to China, etc., and I really need to get the shellac on that linen cabinet so I can move on to the next project for the addition...either the wet bar or a low EC for under the very large flat screen that will be hanging on the wall. I suspect we need to get prepared for the holidays, too...the tree is going to have to go in our TV room this year due to the construction, so a little re-arrangement will be necessary to accommodate it while still allowing for viewing. I also need to prepare the loft in the great room for the new railing that my stair folks will be installing just after the holiday. Busy weekend.

David Duke
12-14-2007, 9:54 AM
We have an out of town family Christmas party tomorrow to attend and won't get back to late Saturday night. Sunday I will probably help the LOML with packing food baskets. She is heading up the local school districts food/toy drive and has over 170 families to try and get food and toys too, if I'm not mistaken there is over 500 kids in need this year and this in a district with only 3400 students.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Al.....tell Dave "Hi" for me.....and I really could use some help cleaning my shop Al......

Turn on the new lathe.....Christmas ornaments for the exchange here and for family members and friends..........

And if time allows........chuck something really big and see what Melba can do!

Al Willits
12-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Happy B day Matt, many more.

Al...who doesn't have B days anymore, he's had enough already

Ken will do, er...the hi part, still trying to find Karls place, but I'll put ya on the list. :)

Al

George Bregar
12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Thankfully not shoveling snow! And Christmas shopping is done...man I love e-commerce! :D Finishing up my Morris Chair, bringing it up to my lake place for Christmas next weekend, so need to put a shellac barrier coat on and then shoot 4 coats of clear. Last weekend I picked up 27 8' shop lights (craigslist also rocks, $100 w/ bulbs :cool:) so my basement is out, it looks like the propane heater in the garage deal.

Al Killian
12-14-2007, 3:57 PM
I am spending the weekend locked in the shop. There are two rocking chairs that need to get finished. Was suppot to attend a x-mas party sat. night and b-day party on sunday, but I refused to go as I am way behind on stuff.

Ken Lutes
12-14-2007, 4:58 PM
Chris good luck on your unisaw. I am planning on spending Saturday in the shop working on a gun chest. Hope work doesnt call I am on 24-7 call.