PDA

View Full Version : I guess its true

harry strasil
12-14-2007, 2:57 AM
I guess its true, you can hide your own xmas presents when you get to be a senior. And its just like xmas morning under the tree when you go to cleaning up and reorganizing.

You find what got put in the Netherworld called storage and was forgotten.

A 26 inch Woody, 2 22 inch Woodies, a pair of 1/2 inch match planes and a skew angle dado, what I think some call a shoulder plane.

Doug Shepard
12-14-2007, 6:35 AM
Maybe some elves been sneakin in and using your shop at night and had to skedaddle without their tools when they heard you coming?:D

Jim Becker
12-14-2007, 9:09 AM
Hmm...I never find stuff like that hiding in my shop...I must not be leaving the right treats for the local elves...

Lewis Moon
12-14-2007, 9:26 AM
Me? I just gave the local Fed Ex guy a bottle of 20 year old scotch and told him to leave anything marked "Lee Valley" at my door.

Greg Cole
12-14-2007, 9:35 AM
I've been hoping my LN & LV's would cross breed in the dark when I leave them in the shop in the dark.... ya know like bunnies?
Maybe Harry found a way to get the woodies "in the mood"....:D

Greg

Zahid Naqvi
12-14-2007, 9:57 AM
The local elves don't like me I guess, I never find stuff when I move things around.

Lewis Moon
12-14-2007, 9:57 AM
I've been hoping my LN & LV's would cross breed in the dark when I leave them in the shop in the dark.... ya know like bunnies?
Maybe Harry found a way to get the woodies "in the mood"....:D

Greg
MUST...NOT...POST...GRATUITOUS....WOODY....JOKE

harry strasil
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I guess I just have too much in too small a space, makes things interesting when you go looking for something.

I am even surprised when I open a cabinet door in the shop, after 2 years of letting the wood shop rest after the passing of my first wife and her just taking stuff down to the shop and overloading the workbench to get it outa her space, you forget what you had and where it is.

Greg Cole
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry, couldn't help it... kind of like the ash bench top in the general ww'ing forum. :D
Sometimes even when ya know it's coming, it's still funny...... then again sense of humor seems to work better on Friday.:confused:

Greg

Bob Glenn
12-19-2007, 4:34 PM
I know what you mean, Harry. I have a very small shop on the end of my garage. Only my user tools are out there. I've collected old tools for a long time and have many on display in the house. I also have an old chest and a thirties style carpenters tool box, in the house that I have packed with old tools for storage.

The old "out of sight, out of mind" phrase comes into mind when I occassionally open one these chests. The feeling I get when I find these tools, is the same feeling I get when going through an antique mall and happen across a booth filled with nothing but old hand tools. Yippee! I tell my wife to go on, and come here and pick me up when she's ready to leave. It's a good life, indeed.

Just like Christmas!!

I

Corvin Alstot
12-19-2007, 7:55 PM
I guess its true, you can hide your own xmas presents when you get to be a senior. And its just like xmas morning under the tree when you go to cleaning up and reorganizing. . . .
I find this most true when looking in my wood pile for a nice board. I seem to come across
an interesting piece that I had forgotten about. Of course, sometimes it works the other way
and I can not find that great board.

Marcus Ward
12-19-2007, 8:56 PM
Just make sure some random handyman doesn't find em, he'll want half of em!