PDA

View Full Version : Update on Shop Organization

Jon Lanier
12-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Well, here is my final organization for the "north wall" of my shop. Well, at least for now. Who knows what will lurk later. Now if I can keep it organized and cleaned up ... at least every once and awhile.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5606/shopaix6.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2023/shopbbm4.jpg

Dan Forman
12-14-2007, 3:20 AM
Looking good Jon. I'm going to have to make a tool rack soon. Right now, it's either the drillpress or the jointer.

Dan

Paul Heely
12-14-2007, 8:06 AM
Shop looks nice Jon. I too need to build some better tool storage. The heap on the table method is not working out very well.

robert hainstock
12-14-2007, 8:25 AM
Never trust a shop where you an find stuff. ;););)
Bob

Raymond Overman
12-14-2007, 8:30 AM
Good luck with keeping it that organized. If you're like me that bad case of horizontal surface syndrome (HSS - help find the cure) will catch up with you in just a couple of days.

Looks good today though.

Bernie Weishapl
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I am going to add to what Robert said, "Never trust a shop you can find stuff and one that is that clean.":D:cool:;)

Chris Fierro
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Raymond,

There is a cure for HSS. I am not sure how well it would adapt to the workshop, but I know a professional photographer with the same problem. He had clutters on every flat surface. Eventually, he remodeled the front end of his studio so there were no flat surfaces. One coffee table for clients to review stuff. Everything else was at least at a 15 or 20 degree angle. Like I said, it worked in an art-deco photo studio. Not sure that I could apply this in my workshop.

I am going to build up my stand for my Rikon which has been living on a workmate. So thanks for the ideas, Jon. I am thinking that the cabinet gets a set of drawers with open grid bottoms and then maybe a vertically opening door for tools.

glenn bradley
12-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Looks great. Some folks just don't like pegboard but I find it very useful for lighter tools and 'objects'. Even though I have dedicated spots for some things you can see I still use pegboard panels as part of my ongoing approach to shop organization: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=76666&d=1197145807

Dennis Peacock
12-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Never trust a shop where you an find stuff. ;););)
Bob

Hey!!!!! I work like that in my shop....can't find anything. :rolleyes: :D

Dennis Peacock
12-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey Jon,

Looks realy good all cleaned up and organized. I sure hope you keep it that way. I cleaned up and organized mine at least 4 times over the last few years all to have it end up like it always stays....a mess. :)

Ron McKinley
12-14-2007, 2:00 PM
A neatly organized and clean shop is a sign of a sick mind! :) Actually, wish I could get mine that way..........Ron

Bill Wyko
12-14-2007, 7:42 PM
I'd get organized like that but every time I do, I can't find anything.:confused::D;) Nice job.