PDA

View Full Version : CompUSA deals

Scott Shepherd
12-13-2007, 4:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard this correctly, but all the CompUSA stores are closing. Heard it on a "market update" on the radio a couple of days ago. Just got back from there and everything is 10% off with some items 20% off. If you're looking for deals, and there is one in your area, you might want to watch out for it, as I'm sure the prices will be falling at time goes on.

10% off on all the video games for playstations, wii's, and whatever else is out there in case you're looking for games for kids Christmas presents.

David G Baker
12-13-2007, 5:24 PM
I went on line to the Comp USA site and found that any of the items I have been trying to get at a great price are as much as a $150 cheaper on Amazon. Items that I have been watching the prices on are about the same as any retail outlet is selling them for. In store prices may be better but I don't have one close to where I live.

Matt Meiser
12-13-2007, 5:24 PM
Be careful. When they closed the first half of the stores there were a lot of complaints. Now they have nothing to lose. There was one story about someone who paid a couple hundred bucks for an empty digital camera box. There are also no returns--if something doesn't work you may be out of luck or stuck dealing with long delays dealing with the manufacturer. When they closed the stores here, I went in a few times, but never found anything that was a deal with those concerns. Their prices were pretty high to start with.

Scott Coffelt
12-13-2007, 5:31 PM
yea, the one in Kansas City closed earlier this year. Too bad it wasn't like two weeks earlier cause that's when I bought something from them that I wanted to return only to find out they were now closing and no returns (the day I finally had time to go to the store).

Anyways, most of those places seem to raise/inflate prices as they are giving the discounts. Pays to really know what is a good deal.

Scott Shepherd
12-13-2007, 6:06 PM
I agree, I rarely shopped there and only as a last resort. Their prices have always been high.

As some of you mentioned, be careful and pay attention.

John Shuk
12-13-2007, 7:59 PM
I bought a floor model Mac mini there for a smokin deal a couple of years ago.