PDA

View Full Version : Printing defualt

Brian Robison
12-13-2007, 2:50 PM
Hi Creekers,
I hope none of you are in that messy weather!
Anyone know how to make the defualt for the current page only?

Nancy Laird
12-13-2007, 3:39 PM
Brian, I'm trying to figure out how you do multi-page graphics in Corel.:confused::confused::confused::confused::con fused:

Nancy (8 days)

Brian Robison
12-13-2007, 4:03 PM
Hi Nancy, I did it before but now I have a new computer so....
Any Who...8 Days wooooo hooooooo!!!!!!

Alan Young
12-13-2007, 4:44 PM
I am not sure I total understand what you want but if you are asking how to make current page the default when you select print you need to do that from the printers folder not from the application. Go to Printers and right click on your print driver and select properties. This will give you a screen just like you see when you select print from the application. Set the selection to current page and save or select OK. This should set it to be default. If you do it from the application it is only good for that print job.

Hope this is what you are looking for

Alan

Larry Bratton
12-13-2007, 9:07 PM
Brian, I'm trying to figure out how you do multi-page graphics in Corel.:confused::confused::confused::confused::con fused:

Nancy (8 days)
Nancy:
At the bottom of the screen (Corel X3) the current page is stated. Click on the + sign and Corel adds a page (layer) to the document. I use it all the time. I cut a lot of big foam letters for signs. I cut some yesterday that were 18" tall that spelled out Diane's Luxury Pools. My sheet size is the size of my table, 24x36, but, I can't get but a couple of letters per page, so I put the whole thing in on multiple pages. Obviously I can't cut but one page at a time, but I just go from page to page.
I select the graphics on the page I am sending to the laser. In the Epilog driver I select print "Selection". Not sure about your drivers though. I continue the process until I am finished with all the pages.
Hope this helps answer your question.

Lee DeRaud
12-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I am not sure I total understand what you want but if you are asking how to make current page the default when you select print you need to do that from the printers folder not from the application. Go to Printers and right click on your print driver and select properties. This will give you a screen just like you see when you select print from the application. Set the selection to current page and save or select OK. This should set it to be default. If you do it from the application it is only good for that print job.I think what he's asking for is to change the default on the Corel print dialog: options are 'current document' (the default), 'documents' (presumably all open files), 'current page' (what he wants to be the default), 'selection', and a typical 'page' option that only activates for multipage files. (And no, I don't know why 'current page' is available on a single-page document. There's also a 'properties' button on that dialog that goes to the screen you described.)

Nothing I can find in the Corel 'options' dialog addresses print defaults.

Brian Robison
12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes, that's it. If I have 5 pages and am not paying attention ( like that EVER happens :rolleyes: ) I'll end up sending all the pages to the laser when all I want is the page on the screen.

Lee DeRaud
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes, that's it. If I have 5 pages and am not paying attention ( like that EVER happens :rolleyes: ) I'll end up sending all the pages to the laser when all I want is the page on the screen.BTDT. Luckily for me there's another step: the laser doesn't start printing until I hit 'Start' on the ULS driver screen...and I can select which page(s) at that step too.

But it will get your attention when what you see on the screen is page 1...and you were working on page 3. :eek:

Walt Nicholson
12-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I use Corel Draw 12 for a lot of graphic work. (I don't have a laser). Most Corel programs are set up about the same so see if this will work in your version. In the screen you have open, go up to the top and select "tools" then "options". On the scroll down menu on the left go to the bottom and select "global". Under that select "printing". When that page opens there should be a box (just below where it says "default print style") that you can check that says "Print only current page by default". Hope yours is the same and that will work for you.

Lee DeRaud
12-14-2007, 3:22 PM
I use Corel Draw 12 for a lot of graphic work. (I don't have a laser). Most Corel programs are set up about the same so see if this will work in your version. In the screen you have open, go up to the top and select "tools" then "options". On the scroll down menu on the left go to the bottom and select "global". Under that select "printing". When that page opens there should be a box (just below where it says "default print style") that you can check that says "Print only current page by default". Hope yours is the same and that will work for you.As God is my witness, that was not there when I looked this morning. :eek:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool: