PDA

View Full Version : Retail Store Aisle Signage

Peter Meacham
12-12-2007, 9:06 PM
Has anyone done any aisle signage for retail stores? Ideally, the sign would be at the end of the aisle attached to the gondola shelving with a changeable listing of items on that aisle. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Joe Pelonio
12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
That's a little unusual, because the chains have that sort of thing done at the corporate level then installed locally. I have done a couple, for a small "mom & pop" grocer and for a bookstore. One was 13mm pvc, wrapped with mitered aluminum "U" channel for the background then 3mm PVC item name signs, attached by velcro.

The other was 1/4" white acrylic, then glued on clear plastic channels to slide in 1/8" acrylic item name signs.

Both were vinyl lettering. No pictures, was a while back.

Peter Meacham
12-13-2007, 8:52 AM
Thanks Joe - this will be for a local tool supply store and you supplied a couple of good ideas. They do want easily changeable signs as they tend to move the inventory around to different islands. I don't have a vinyl cutter yet, so I will probably do something with the laser and slide in/out strips as you did with your second example (and save all that weeding). Do you recall the outside dimensions of the two signs please?

Joe Pelonio
12-13-2007, 9:08 AM
The specs are no longer in my system since I changed vinyl cutting software
since, but as I recall 18"w x 24"H base, name plates 3" x 18" and 2" letters
which should be clearly readable from 20-30 feet away.

Doug Bergstrom
12-13-2007, 9:10 AM
All of the items you are looking for are available through FFR. We do stores all over New England and they are a great resource for any kind of internal signage, stands and hangers.