PDA

View Full Version : Lot's to do today

Todd Burch
02-20-2004, 8:11 AM
Today will be a busy day for me:

Yesterday, I prepared parts for 10 drawers (8 @ 20 1/8" x 22" deep and 2 @ 26 7/16" x 22" deep, from 3" to 7" deep). They are 1/2" cherry, sanded to 120 and box jointed (416 cuts, thank you very much!). Also, put champhered side mouldings (false framing) on the exposed side of what will be a linen cabinet.

Today's Objectives:

1) I sand all interiors and assemble them all drawers, and then make another drawer "box" (26 7/16" wide, 22" deep and 19" tall), more of a clothes hamper on slides. I'll use 1/2" Baltic Birch, box joints again.

2) Then, to make 11 drawer fronts (5 pieces each, 1/2" solid cherry with 1/4" cherry frames, mitered at the corners).

3) Then, to make 4 raised panel cherry doors. 2 @ 10 3/8" wide x 23" tall and 2 @ 13 5/8" wide by 40" tall. Coved panels and beaded frames (cope and stick).

4) Then, to install all hardware and prefit doors and drawers.

5) Then, to make a 3-piece crown build-up (2 of the 3 are made), and also make 16' of custom base moulding stock (6" tall)

6) Then, to final sand everything (mostly all sanded as I go)

7) Then, to stain everything. (6' long vanity, 34" tall, 2' deep, and a linen cabinet, 32" wide, 24" deep and 94" tall)

8) Then, to lacquer. It's warm today, but kinda breezy.

Who wants to take odds on how far I get through my list? I'll be stopping LATE tonight, unless of course, everything has 3 coats of lacquer on it by dark (~6:30pm)...

Glenn Clabo
02-20-2004, 8:23 AM
You can tell you work for yourself...not one planned coffee break. Good luck...you'll sleep well tonight.

Mark Singer
02-20-2004, 8:41 AM
Todd,
ther is tomorrow to....your more like me though.."Lets get it done!"

Mike Scoggins
02-22-2004, 8:51 PM
So, Todd: I'm curious, how far did you get on your ambitious list?

Most of the time I have grand plans, but everything seems to take a little longer than I had hoped. Most of my shop time is in much smaller increments of time than I would like. The occasional Saturday when I get the majority of the day is quite a treat.

Fill us in!

Mike

Todd Burch
02-22-2004, 9:37 PM
Well Mike, thanks for asking!

I'm not proud, but I got completely through #1 and partially through #4.

Saturday, and a little bit this afternoon, I got #3 completed (5 doors, not 4 - I counted wrong).

I've another job to get out Monday morning, so Monday afternoon I'll get to #2. After that, it's a downhill slide! (Famous last words)