PDA

View Full Version : Sliding table for tablesaw

Paul B. Cresti
03-04-2003, 8:43 PM
Does anyone have a sliding table attachment on their cabinet saw? If so which one and do you like ?

Paul B. Cresti

Ed Weiser
03-04-2003, 8:56 PM
I'd be especially interested in the Grizzly table #G4227 since it is of reasonable cost ($270) and capacity and has been described in the past as compatible with Jet, PM and Delta cabinet saws.

Steve Roxberg
03-04-2003, 9:48 PM
The local Woodcraft has two Excalibur sliding tables on closeout. The Manager would probably let them go for $300 a piece. It's the smaller one, but I believe would still handle 32" crosscuts.

Keith Outten
03-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Paul,

I have the 62" Excalibur sliding table. After using it I could never be without one again. The slider opens up a whole new world in using a table saw and most of the jigs I built in years past all went to the dumpster.

Ian Barley
03-05-2003, 3:26 AM
I don't have an attachment but my saw has one built in. (Elektra Beckum PKF255V8 - doubt you guys over there ever see one)

I cn't therefore help you with build quality etc but I know that it makes life a whole lot easier for me and I would never now buy a saw without one.

For my money a great investment in safety and ease of use.

John Davidson
03-05-2003, 8:36 AM
I have the Jet sliding table and I love it. I looked at the delta but it is no were near as heavy and appeared to be made more for smaller stock. I can cut a full sheet of mdf with no help. Since I bought it I hardly ever use my SCMS or my Inca 3000. When I think what those 2 peices cost I sure wish I had bought the slider first and spent the money for them on something else. But don't mistake that last coment that you can just dail in any angle with the slider as easy as you can with the SCMS or Inca

Paul Dwight
03-05-2003, 10:03 AM
I put the DeWalt sliding table on my Grizzly 1023S cabinet saw. I had to make a couple of simple metal brackets to integrate the sliding table and the rails for the rip fence, but otherwise it was close to a "bolt on" installation. The sliding table is pricey but available separately from Amazon (and probably other places, too).

I'm pleased with the result. The DeWalt sliding table is quite accurate and operates very smoothly. I like the fact that it can be locked in position and provide a cast iron left extension wing for large rip operations. I also like the fact that the sliding table doesn't impair the mobility of the saw, at all. I can wheel it around, set the saw down and use the slider immediately without readjustment.

The downside is that the sliding table doesn't have an enormous capacity. I don't remember exactly how wide a piece can be crosscut but it's about 30". If your interest in a sliding table is to work with sheet goods, the DeWalt wouldn't be a good choice. There have also been times when I wished a longer crosscut fence was available -- the one that comes with the sliding table is about 24" long.

Hope this helps. -- Paul

Bobby Hatfield
03-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Makes the difference when cutting mel or ply full sheets, couldn't do without it. Cheap too. Note, adjustment to perfect is a job. Fasten saw to floor to stop it from vibrating in a circle when the sliding table is bounced off stops.

Rik Rickerson
03-05-2003, 8:53 PM
I have an Exaktor (http://www.exaktortools.com/pages/slidingtable.htm) EX60 Sliding Table on my Jet Cabinet Saw and love it. Fine tuning it was a pain but well worth the effort.

Paul B. Cresti
03-05-2003, 9:25 PM
Thank you for all your responses. I guess I should have stated that I will be using it to make cabinets. I am right now comparing the Exactor, Excalibur and the SSC panel saw (most likely the C-4). I have a left Unisaw and the idea of cutting the biesemeyer tube bothers me, so I guess I would by a separate tube for that purpose. I really like the idea of cutting angles with the sliding table but, my concerns are is it really stable and accurate?
Paul B. Cresti