PDA

View Full Version : Stainless/photograv

Lisa Walter
12-12-2007, 1:57 PM
I am getting ready to laser a picture onto a stainless steel carafe (for coffee). I went to process the photo in photograv and there is no choice for stainless. Can anyone recommend what material I should use in photograv since stainless steel is not a choice?

Thanks!

Lisa

Scott Shepherd
12-12-2007, 2:32 PM
Isn't there a choice for Cermark? Maybe that's the one?

Larry Bratton
12-12-2007, 3:13 PM
I am getting ready to laser a picture onto a stainless steel carafe (for coffee). I went to process the photo in photograv and there is no choice for stainless. Can anyone recommend what material I should use in photograv since stainless steel is not a choice?

Thanks!

Lisa
Lisa:
Do you have Photograv 2.1 or 3.0? 2.1 does not show a parameter for Cermark but 3.0 does. I have both. If you don't have 3.0, you could send the graphic to me and I'll process it for you. You could also direct that question to Photograv, they may have an answer for you.

Lisa Walter
12-12-2007, 3:33 PM
Larry that is kind of you to offer to do that! I called the photograv company to ask them what is best to use.......

Larry Bratton
12-12-2007, 3:52 PM
Larry that is kind of you to offer to do that! I called the photograv company to ask them what is best to use.......
OK. Let me know if I can help. They will probably want to sell you an upgrade!

Lisa Walter
12-12-2007, 4:22 PM
OK. Let me know if I can help. They will probably want to sell you an upgrade!

Well luckily I bought my photograv just a short time ago so I only have to pay $10 for the upgrade. For once something worked in my favor.

I was in a hurry earlier.......I should have mentioned......if you go to the photograv site, there is a download section. Go to the download section and you can download three new parameters. Glass, alumamark (which they said to use for stainless steel) and another parameter that slips my mind right now :)

Larry Bratton
12-12-2007, 8:09 PM
Well luckily I bought my photograv just a short time ago so I only have to pay $10 for the upgrade. For once something worked in my favor.

I was in a hurry earlier.......I should have mentioned......if you go to the photograv site, there is a download section. Go to the download section and you can download three new parameters. Glass, alumamark (which they said to use for stainless steel) and another parameter that slips my mind right now :)
Oh good!! I'll check that out. Thanks Lisa and good luck with your piece!

Frank Corker
12-12-2007, 9:00 PM
Just checked it out. Lisa those extra files are for 2.1 version 3 already has it as stated - see cerdec

Larry Bratton
12-13-2007, 8:12 PM
Just checked it out. Lisa those extra files are for 2.1 version 3 already has it as stated - see cerdec
Right Frank. I already had those also.

Bill Cunningham
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Stainless is a fairly high res. medium. If your using the epilog (this might work on others too I guess) choose 600 (Minimum) dpi output, and photomode. and burn it in slow at 100% power.. It will halftone nicely without photograv.. The picture below was mounted on a stainless cross by the intersection were the accident occured, and after more than a year outside, it still looks like it did the day it came out of the laser, and the photo, was just low res. .jpg
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=55674&d=1169419768