PDA

View Full Version : Question about material

Don Necaise
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Question for some of the older members rhat has been in the engraving business for a while.. I seen a plaque with gold aluminum plate on it and the engraved lettering was blue like if it had been done with a piece of carbon paper. If someone understands what I am talking about please respond because I am New to the engraving world and still trying to learn

Thanks

Joe Pelonio
12-12-2007, 12:32 PM
is it actually engraved? If so it's likely paint filled. It could though be laser foil, which is applied to the surface (from Laserbits) then laser cut and the excess gets pulled off.

Mike Null
12-12-2007, 1:44 PM
It's possible that it was etched and paint filled. Also could have been routed and filled. As Joe says, I have some blue foil which is used as he described.

Joe Hayes
12-16-2007, 6:01 PM
Question for some of the older members rhat has been in the engraving business for a while.. I seen a plaque with gold aluminum plate on it and the engraved lettering was blue like if it had been done with a piece of carbon paper. If someone understands what I am talking about please respond because I am New to the engraving world and still trying to learn

Thanks

My guess would be that the plate is sublimated. Laser sublimation would be by first guess. Our very first laser sub unit was a Mac printer and you could change between black, red and BLUE.

Mike Null
12-16-2007, 8:14 PM
Joe

Forgot all about that. I bet you're right.