PDA

View Full Version : Any Creekers going to the Detroit WW Show this weekend?

Doug Shepard
12-11-2007, 6:42 PM
I'm leaning towards not going again (for about the 5th yr in a row) but if there's going to be a good size Creeker turnout I might decide to go Saturday at the last minute.

Scott Houghton
12-11-2007, 7:35 PM
Could it be any worse (better) than last year?

Tempted to go, even though I KNOW I will come away disappointed and aggravated by the whole thing.

mike holden
12-11-2007, 7:40 PM
I will probably go, just cause I always think that there will be that one thing I should see/get/need that was only available there. Never is.
Mike

Brent Grooms
12-11-2007, 8:21 PM
last year got expensive... picked up my bandsaw there. I plan on going on Saturday and see if they by chance have a jet j/p combi unit to fondle along with maybe a jointer or two.

Doug Shepard
12-11-2007, 8:50 PM
Missed your post about the jointer. I checked the exhibitor listing and see that Laguna is going to be there. Dont they make a J/P combo as well?

richard poitras
12-11-2007, 9:50 PM
From what I can see on the Wood Working Show web site not much different than the last few years and not much of anything interesting for the seminars, so I don’t think I will make it , I don’t really need anything and I am two hours away and can’t justify the cost, gas, parking and so on….

Matt Meiser
12-11-2007, 9:59 PM
No plans this year due to the fact that reports from the other shows have been terrible, its a really long drive for me, and there's nothing particular I'm looking for.

Gary Muto
12-12-2007, 7:25 AM
I won't be attending since I will be in Chicago this week and weekend on business.
I did check out the woodworking show site and there one a brochure for several shows, starting in Phoenix. Inside the brochure there were some coupons, one of which was $2-4 off admission.
If anyone goes, let me know how it was.

Justin McCurdy
12-12-2007, 7:35 AM
I would like to go, it has been several years for me, but I don't think I will. $15 is too much to pay for a disappointment.

Gary Muto
12-12-2007, 7:44 AM
We should have planned to meet at the Performance Line Tool center in Pontiac for there 1st annual Woodworking show on November 30-December 1. Free parking, no admission. No tax on purchases that had representatives on site (Dewalt/P-C/Delta, Jet/Powermatic, Freud, Bosch, Kreg, and others). I found out about it late and wasn't even sure if I could make it there.
Mark the calendars for next year. Probably the week after Thanksgiving.

Doug Shepard
12-12-2007, 8:01 AM
We should have planned to meet at the Performance Line Tool center in Pontiac for there 1st annual Woodworking show on November 30-December 1. Free parking, no admission. No tax on purchases that had representatives on site (Dewalt/P-C/Delta, Jet/Powermatic, Freud, Bosch, Kreg, and others). I found out about it late and wasn't even sure if I could make it there.
Mark the calendars for next year. Probably the week after Thanksgiving.

I didn't even know about that deal until after it was over. That's only about 4 miles from me. Couldn't get any more convenient than that.

Doug Shepard
12-15-2007, 2:09 PM
Decided to skip it once again. Let me know what I missed (or didn't) anybody who went.

Brent Grooms
12-15-2007, 5:26 PM
well... save your $5 for parking and $7-9 for admission... a real disappointment. Altho, a couple of the vendors are trying something "new" in hiring professional "models" with short shorts and a too small top to hold the silicone in place. Good for some but I will save that for the auto shows.

only local tool sellers were Marsh PT and Glen Wing. Inventories of stuff was down and not a whole lot of deals to be had. Case in point... DeWalt booth. I make my way to the counter to ask what they were getting for blades for my 735planer. $59.95 was the reply... I can buy them at Lowes for less than that! I told him ... No thanks, I will buy them from Amazon.com at that price.

Based on this year... I think I will save the gas money and cost of admission next year to pay for my shipping prices from ordering online.